Chapter 2: The brambleback

The yordles laughed at their conversation except for Veigar who had started to grow weary as he felt two pairs of eyes on their group, he looked around the area for any prying eyes but didn't find any. He continued to look around carefully and Poppy seemed to notice but paid little to no attention to their surroundings.

It was not until a familiar axe like weapon was thrown smack in the middle of the table did all the yordles get up, Veigar sent a death glare to the direction that the axe came flying from. His glare was met by the glorious executioner and his brother. Poppy got up and grabbed her hammer but remained defensive.

"Hey! Don't you know we aren't allowed to fight anymore?" Poppy said with masked fear, the two brothers were known for their cruel ways to killing people, especially Demacians which Poppy was.

"Since when the hell did we care about the rules, it's not like they're here to govern us anyway." Draven smirked cockily while spinning another axe.

After a while he threw his axe directly at Poppy, Veigar knew her shield wouldn't be enough to protect her so he instantly cast a cage around all the yordles. The walls were transparent but had a dark purple glow to it, the moment the axe made contact with the wall it stopped in it's tracks. Draven and his brother Darius looked at the wall stunned by what they saw.

"What, impossible! Your wall only stuns living entities not objects." Veigar felt a smirk make it's way to his face.

"It only does that, in the matches we play. Because the institute of war deemed my spells to powerful, they had to make certain adjustments. One being that my cage can stop anything from leaving or entering."

The brothers had a slight look of fear to which Veigar let loose a cackle

"Finish them" he said in a dark voice before Veigar pointed his gauntlet to the sky only to bring it back down in a crushing motion. After a few seconds a dark meteor burst through the roof of the cafe to strike the two Noxian brothers.

Everyone looked at Veigar with a collection of shock, awe and fear as he made his way out of the cafe.

"Bring these two fools to the institute of war and report what they did" and with that he was gone, to god knows where.

Unbeknownst to the dark mage the fae sorceress stood mouth agape staring in shock before shaking her head, she started to run after the yordle but a familiar blonde pigtailed yordle grabbed her arm.
"Let me go, I need to find Veigar" the purple skinned yordle said struggling in her grip but Poppy didn't let go

"You won't find him, no one can."

Lulu's face fell before slowly approaching the small group of yordles who had gotten over their shock, Kennen rushed over to her to make sure she was fine. She gave him a half-hearted smile before sitting back down. Poppy noticed her new sad demeanour and place a hand on hers

"it's okay. He will open up, it will just take time" Poppy said reassuringly

"What happened to him to make him like this? Yordles are supposed to be fun"

Poppy looked up at the gaping hole as if she was contemplating something before turning back towards Lulu and said.

"I don't know Lulu, I really don't know"

A few minutes later the yordle champions decided to make their way home, to most of the yordles that meant back to the dorms they had used during the games. For Lulu she had no where else to go except the dorms so Tristana and Poppy stayed behind with her, although this time Poppy volunteered to go to the institute of war to report the two Noxian brothers.