Louis

I heard knocking at my door. It's 8 in the afternoon and its a blizzard going out side who in the bloody hell would be out in this weather.

I walked to the door and opened it. It was Niall standing there with a suitcase. This wasn't uncanny he's showed up at my door like this s couple times. I gave him a sad smile and moved out the way and he came in.

He took off his boots by the door hung up his coat and put his scarf hat and gloves in the sleeve. He went in the leaving room and slouched down on my couch. I closed the door and went in the kitchen and filled up the teapot with water and placed it on the stove turning it on.

I went to the fridge and retrieved some chicken soup I made for dinner. I put some in a bowl and put it in the microwave. I put the soup back in the fridge just as the pot screamed. I made him some Yorkshire tea and got the soup out the microwave. I put sugar in it and grabbed a spoon. I carried it out to him on a tray.

I placed it on his lap and sat down next to him grabbing lightly at his shoulder. He drunk some tea and ate some soup before he finally spoke. He put the tray on the table.

"I'm not going back to him." He said.

Now I know that I'm supposed to be a supportive friend but I've heard this 3 times. This being my fourth. Niall loves Harry too much.

"Niall-" I started but he cut me off.

"I'm serious this time. I'm just tired. I don't want to have to constantly keep doing this to myself." He said which I've also heard before but the difference is he's not crying.

"You're not crying." I told him.

"Yeah I know. I told you I'm tired Louis I'm honestly not playing anymore. I've gave him 5 chances Louis. Five. And you know that's more than average so I give up. I cant keep fixing something that's not fixable." He said his voice not shaking, cracking or getting louder. Maybe a bit broken but yeah.

He just sounded tired so I brought him close to me embracing him in a hug. I hate to see him going through this. I would go over there and kick Harry's ass but Niall he doesn't want that. He never wants to see people go through pain. That's a good and bad, sometimes people (Harry) deserve to be hurt as much as Niall.

He pulled away with a dull expression on his face. "Do you want to cuddle?" I asked him which he'd always want to do when he broke up with Harry. But not this time.

"No m'fine." He said getting up walking the tray into the kitchen then headed upstairs.

He's okay. He's just tired. As he said. I get up and walk upstairs and looked into the guest room to see Niall in some pjs he had from the last time he stayed over. He climbed into bed and looked at the door to see me standing there. I walked over to him. I tucked him in and kissed his forehead.

"Get some sleep." I told him and turned around to walk out the room.

I turned off the light and closed the door. I walked into my room and turned off my light climbing into bed.

I want Niall to find someone and for it to work. I honestly am tired of him being treated bad. He was in a horrible relationship for 3 years, and he's my best friend. We've been in this since elementary and so I'd want the best for him. Harry was a great guy at first, he was nice to Niall and treated him right until the 9th month when they first broke up. Niall was at my door red faced, tears dripping down from his eyes with tissues in his hands. And when he went back to him because of course he was in love. I knew things weren't going to work, but I know I didn't jinx it I was just being a realist. And I'm usually very optimistic.

I pushed all the thoughts away as I snuggled into my covers closing my eyes. Drifting into a very comfortable sleep.