Part 3: the nightmare

Jen's POV:

"Love you too!", I heard my dad say just before he went to work. And I was left behind in his apartment. I kept reading in my book, on the couch. And I got so sleepy, I eventually just fell asleep.

I was in my old house. I looked in the mirror, and I saw the 8-year old me. All my wounds were in the same place as then, the wounds that have become scars now. "Adam, Adam. Don't do anything stupid. Please Adam", I hear my mother say. "MAMA!", I hear a little girl scream. Then I realize that little girl was me. I ran through the doors of the house. And there I was. My father pointed a gun at my mom. I saw the 8-year old me, the 10-year old Marc and the 12-year old Daniel. Mark was holding my arm thightly, so I wouldn't towards my mom. "Dad please, we can discuss this", Daniel said. I don't tink they can see me. "You mother shouldn't be like this! SHE SHOULD RESPECT ME!" my father yelled. And right after that he shot my mom to death.

I woke from my ringing phone. 

"Hello?".

"Hey Jen, it's me", it was my dad.

"Oh, hi dad. How are you?".

"I'm fine. I'm just about to go on the plane. Are you okay? You sound, scared".

"I'm okay dad. I just fell asleep, I probably sound sleepy".

"Okay. I have to go sweatheart, love you".

"Catch the killer, dad".