Part 24: the kids

Jen's POV:

Now Callahan and Hotch came in. Callahan was walking next to a girl, who looked like my age. And Hotch next to a little boy, he was older than Henry, maybe he was 8, 9 maybe. "Hey Jen, this is my son Jack", Hotch informed me. "And this is Meg, she's my niece", Callahan said. Than she told me that Meg's parents died in 9/11.

"Not that I don't want to be here, but why are we here?", Meg asked Callahan. They all took a seat and Garcia came in here too. "We just wanted you here, something happend and we needed our children to help us get better at profiling", Hotch answered. Now Rossi and Morgan came in, the team looked complete. "You look sad", Jack said to me. "No, it's okay, nothing to worry about", I told him, I didn't really sound convincing, but Jack wasn't a profiler. That's something dad always tells me: "I'm a profiler, I know you're lying, Jen", I giggle, but than the memories come back of today, and I start to feel miserable again. "It's not okay, isn't it?", he asks me. "I'm fine Jack, please don't worry about me", I said with a fake smile on my face. All eyes were on him. "The last time I saw somebody that sad, was daddy", he said. Hotch started to blush. I was curious why, but I know how it feels to explain something you don't want to talk about. So I don't ask. "I don't get it", dad suddenly says.