Epilogue

Jen's POV:

Mom, Daniel and Marc never had funerals. They were buried. But they didn't have a funeral. So, dad organised a memorial for them today. In the church where they were buried. There were pictures of them. And then some guy starts to talk. After ten minutes he says: "Jean Hernandez, also known as Jennifer Reid. Also has a few words she would like to share".

I stand up from the bench inside the church and stood in front.

"Well, yea. I'm Jean. And I'm 14 years old. And I guess I lost too many people of my age. The most 14 year olds lost their grandparents. But I lost in total 4 people. And they weren't my grandparents.

I saw my mother get killed. I was 8 years old. I can't remember much of her. But she was a loving woman. She named my Jean because she knew my father was going to give us a hard time. She named me after the warrior Jean d'Arc. She called me her little warrior.  The minute my mom wad killed. Daniel took all responsibility. He, was like a dad. And Marc was a guy who always wanted to make others happy. And it's hard to believe that such good people have been killed. That they're not with us anymore. I they are my idol.
I have lost my mother. I have lost my brothers, my almost brother-inlaw and myself. But I've found my dad, and I want to thank him. And I know they would've loved you."