Part 21: the not-nightmare

Jen's POV:

"Jean, Jean. Come on, wake up you sleepy head", I hear someone say. It sounds so familliar, but so long ago I heard it. "Where, who..", I say. I can't open my eyes. "It's me, Fred", suddenly my eyes open. And it's Fred, Fred Hicks. My almost-brother in-law. "Fred! Oh my God", I get up and hug him. He hugs me too. Fred always loved me and Marc. He took care of us like we were his children. Than I realize the location. It's in a bright, whit area, with no end. "Where are we?", I ask. "In heaven". I look around. How can this be heaven? It's so empty. "Am I dead?". "No, this is a dream, not a nightmare. I'm going to bring you to your family", he tells me. We get up. And Fred clicks his fingers. And a door apears. We walk to it. And it Fred opens it. I can't believe my eyes. My mom and my brother Daniel are there! "MAMA!", I scream and I run in her arms. "Oh Jean! My strong warrior", she says softly. Mom always called me a warrior. She called Daniel a bear and Marc was her big thinker. She gave us the weirdest nicknames. I actually had two, warrior, and Jean. I'm bilangual, English and French. And since Jean d'Arc was a warrior, I was called Jean. Mom let me go and than Daniel hugged me. Daniel was, the perfect oldest brother. He was responsible. From the moment mom died, he took in charge. He made sure we were happy. "My baby sis", he mumbled. I looked around, I was looking for Marc. "Where is he? Where's Marc?", I asked, ending the hug. "He isn't dead! You have to find him! Marc is alive, you HAVE to find him!", mom yelled at me. She was so worried about Marc. We all fell in a group hug.

Suddenly, the door opened, and dad came in. He was carrying two steaming paper cups, I think of coffee or of tea. I smiled. He put the cups on a table near by that wasn't there before, and there was a chair. He came towards me, and he kissed my forehead. Than he sat in the chair and started to read a book that was on the table. "Dad?", I asked. No response. "It's time to wake up Jean", Daniel told me. "What? No! I, I don't want to lose you again!", I said. They all kissed my necklace. "If you wear this necklace, we will be with you", mom than said. I hugged everyone one last time. And than I woke up.