Chapter 7: Imprisoned

Paul's breath became slow and steady as he continued to walk down the stone steps.

Mike certainly would have gotten curious about a the old and broken door that led to this long hallway, Paul knew it well.

Still, the lack of light and empty environment made the bassist shiver.

His footsteps echoed throughout the hallway as he continued to walk, and when a small light appeared up ahead, his hazel eyes widened a bit.

"H-Hello!? Somebody!?"

Paul recognized the voice easily.

"M-Mike?"

Paul's pace began to quicken.

"Paul!? Is that you!?"

"Yes!"

When the bassist came closer to the small room that the hallway led to, the sight made him shiver even more.

There was a single window on the wall of the room, which provided the only light in the area.

Moonlight shone down onto the cells in the large room, and Paul stopped right in front of the entrance, breath now heavy.

Mike was locked behind one of the cells, the lock being too far out of each.

With no hesitation, Paul went to his cell, now starting to panic.

"M-Mike, What happened!?"

"B-b..."

Mike backed away, eyes wide as he stared behind Paul.

"B-behind you..."

Before Paul could question him, a soft growl from behind him made the bassist freeze.

Slowly, he turned around.

From behind the moonlight coming in from the window, a large figure stood tall, brown eyes staring down at Paul.

The creature was hidden in the shadows, so Paul couldn't make out any details.

"What be thy name?"

The voice, cold and dark, made Paul step back up against his brother's cell.

"P-Paul..."

"Get out."

The bassist blinked slowly, taking in the meaning of the words.

When he didn't move, the creature stepped forward, slowly stepping closer to the light.

"Did thy hear my request? Get out."

Slowly, Paul turned his head to stare at Mike, who stared at the creature with wide eyes.

The bassist lowered his head down and turned his head back to face whoever was standing in front of him.

"Y-you... You can h-have me instead..."

For a moment, there was nothing but silence.

"Come again?" The unknown creature spoke after a moment, eyes gazing down at the bassist in curiosity.

"S-spare me brother... I w-won't fight..."

"Paul!?" Mike shouted.

"Please, don't do this! You have no ide-"

"SILENCE!"

The creature screamed, growling loudly as his gaze sharpened.

Slowly, the creature stepped into the light, and Paul stepped back, eyes going wide as he stared at the beast that towered over him.

He had two long and sharp horns on his head, fur covering every part of his body, aside from the red royal robe he had on and dark brown pants that didn't reach down to the floor.

His teeth, clenched together, were large and sharp, glinting in the moonlight as Paul continued to stare.

The beast's two brown eyes stared down at Paul, hiding his confusion.

He lowered down toward the bassist.

"Thou promise to stay?"

Gulping, Paul lowered his head, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Y-yes."

"Good!"

The beast walked past Paul, the bassist falling to his knees and covering his hands as he fell to the floor in defeat.

With a loud squeak, the beast lifted the locking mechanism on Mike's cell, his claws coming out as he opened the cell door and grabbed the man.

"P-Paul, w-wait! Let me go!"

Mike struggled as the two giant paws grabbed his body and threw him out of the cell.

He crashed onto the floor, the beast picking Paul up before he had the chance to get up himself.

Paul didn't fight when he was pushed behind the cell, nor did he react when it was closed and locked.

"P-Pau-Mph!"

The beast covered Mike's mouth with his paw, the other wrapping around his body as the claws stayed retracted.

"No one will believe thou anyway! Do not even try to get thy lad help!"

"But we're brothers!" Mike shouted, pulling the beast's claw away.

The beast put his paw around Mike's mouth again.

"So what if thou art a sibling? Thou will leave and never come back!"

Mike struggled against the beast as he was carried out of the room, the beast's robe dragging along the floor.

Paul sat down against the stone cracked wall in the cell, putting his face in his hands as the sounds of his brother's struggling got harder to hear with each passing second.

He was imprisoned now, and he knew that he'd never see his family again.

The tears began to stream from his eyes as he began to cry once more.