Chapter 13: Looking Around

"Pattie my dear," George stated as he spun with the live feather duster, both candles on his holders unlit do avoid burning her, "I love you so much."

Pattie giggled as they continued to make their way back up the grand staircase, not paying attention to their environment.

"But, George?" Pattie asked after stopping on the landing, George quickly hopping up next to her.

"Did Ringo tell thou to keep an eye one the door?"

George smirked and turned to the door to Paul's room.

"Oh, calm now, what would Paul be able to d-"

He stopped instantly, noticing that the door was wide open, and that the room beyond was empty.

Pattie stared at George with a disapproving look.

"O-oh... uh..."

George chuckled nervously, both small candles being lit instantly.

He looked down at the ancient carpet as Pattie hopped up next to him.

"I will not tell your highness about this, but we better see where he has gone off to."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry Brian, but that is how it has to be."

Ringo sighed as he finished his statement, staring up at the metal stove, a fire still burning inside it.

Brian grunted, making the fire extinguish.

"We work and slave all morning long, and it all goes to waste!?"

An ancient pan shifted on the floor, two eyes forming on its rim as a mouth formed underneath.

"Oh that's great! I hast to bear the heat, and it was all for nothing," Mal stated.

The pot next to it came to life, looking equally as disappointed.

"At least I did not hast to get used," Neil stated thankfully.

"Now now, do not get angry at the lad," Cynthia stated as she stared at them from the counter.

Beside her, Julian looked on, confused.

"Wait. Paul is not coming, mama?"

"No, I am afraid he is not, "Ringo stated, turning to stare at the door that was a few feet away from him.

"I cannot really blame him though. Your highness has to learn..."

He gulped.

"Soon..."

Ringo started to turn around, but a loud creaking stopped him in his tracks.

"Um... Hello?" Paul stated as he looked in through the door.

Acting quickly, Ringo turned around to face him, bowing.

"Hello Paul. I do not think I hast introduced myself yet."

He looked up at the bassist, smiling.

"Richard Starkey it is, but most around here know me as Ringo Starr. Pleasure to properly meet you."

Paul walked over to him and knelt down, shaking Ring's small wooden arm.

Before the bassist could speak, George and Pattie came hopping into the kitchen, both of their worried expressions disappearing instantly.

"Oh, thank goodness thou is here," George said with a sigh, "I thought thou ran off."

Paul watched as the candlestick hopped up next to him, both of its small candles being unlit as George raised one of his metal arms to him.

"George Harrison, it is,"

"Alright..."

Pattie hopped up next to George, smiling.

"Pattie Boyd is my name."

"Yeah. Actually..."

Paul paused, looking at the clock, candlestick, and feather duster.

"Paul is my middle name. My full name's James Paul McCartney. My father named me after him."

Cynthia, looking on, did her best to nod.

"So, so we all hast to refer to thou as James, dear?" She asked.

"No. I've been called Paul for the longest time now. It's alright."

"Okay Paul."

Paul looked over at the wood-burning stove, seeing that both it and a pot and pan were staring at him.

"Oh... Sorry, I didn't see you three there. Um, what's your names?"

"Brian Epstein," Brian said, trying not to sound irritated.

"Mal Evans," the pan said.

"Neil Aspinall," the pot stated.

Looking back down at the three objects, Paul became curious.

"And... what is... as you all call him, your highness's name?"

The bassist was met with silence for a moment, George and Ringo looking at each other nervously.

"Uh... your highness would not appreciate it if we tell thou without asking him first. He is... strict about some things," Ringo stated quietly.

Paul raised an eyebrow, but slowly nodded.

"Okay then... um, about what happened earlier-"

"It is not thy fault, dear," Cynthia stated.

She glared over at Brian, who gave a nervous stare in return.

"We all understand why thou did not want to come down to breakfast."

Julian stared at Paul curiously.

"He looks like a lass, mama."

Paul's eyes widened a little at the statement, looking up at the tea cup.

"Julian, please do not-"

"It's fine... Mrs. Powell. It isn't the first time someone's said that to me..."

Cynthia stared at Paul for a moment and sighed, making sure to send a small glare to Julian, who blinked in return.

"I mean... the whole town already knows me as a weird person anyway," Paul stated quietly, turning away.

"Oh, sorry to hear that," Ringo stated, moving forward.

George stared up at Paul as the bassist turned back to face him.

"So... any reason thou came out of thy room?"

Paul scratched the back of his head.

"I uh... I'm actually a bit hungry now, if any of you don't mind."