Chapter 26: Worries

"Only five days remain, and then it is over for us."

George's words echoed through the hallway as Ringo And Cynthia followed behind him, the three candle lights being the only things that illuminated their surroundings.

"Oh, calm down there George," Cynthia stated calmly, a smile stretching across her porcelain features.

"Thou saw how the pair were getting along earlier, there is no need to worry."

"I know that, but still..." 

Ringo glanced around him for a moment, taking in the peeling paint that was slowly coming off of the walls and the statues that now portrayed monstrous creatures instead of angels and...

He sighed, not being able to remember whatever else that they used to be.

"It hast been so long since I saw this castle in a... in its normal state. Even after almost 300 years, I still hast memories of it."

"I know, Ringo," George stated quietly, staring at the carpet below him as he came to a stop.

Cynthia and Ringo both slowed down before they bumped into the candlestick.

"But... want to know what else that I hast been thinking about lately?"

The clock and the teapot did their best to nod in response.

"I wonder... how it feels like to walk on two legs now..."

George looked up at the ceiling for a moment, staring at it blankly.

"So do I," Ringo stated after a moment, Cynthia voicing her agreement as well.

"I mean, sure, being able to control these three flames is nice and all, but... I wish that we become human again soon..."

"At least thou hast something rather flamboyant," Ringo stated, " I am nothing but gears, a metal pendulum, and wood."

"Now now Ringo, do not feel bad about thyself. We all know how thou feel," Cynthia stated, hopping up to Ringo's side.

"Thanks..."

"Though, I will admit..."

Ringo and Cynthia turned to George, only to see the candlestick concentrating intently.

In a moment, a large flame erupted from the highest candle, almost reaching the ceiling before it receded back to its normal size.

George panted, exhausted.

"I... I will miss... being able to... do that..."

"Sure George, but just do not aim the fire at me," Ringo said, stepping back, "I am mostly wood."

"I know Ringo. I think that three centuries is enough to know my boundaries."

Cynthia looked down at the ancient carpet for a moment, deep in thought.

"Know that I think about it, once we do turn back to normal, I think that I should finally find a stepfather for Julian."

George turned to look at her.

"Yeah. In fact, I think the only reason that your highness allowed thou to stay was because thou were a bird. Maybe, just maybe, if everything goes happily..."

The candlestick glanced at Ringo for a moment before continuing.

"He... could be his stepfather?"

"But George, the lad will already be in love with Paul if-"

"Yes they will, but thou two do not hast to get married. He can be more like... a male nanny, I suppose."

George suppressed a laugh.

"Lets just hope that your highness agrees to it."

"And... I just thought of something..." Ringo paused, seeing that George and Cynthia were staring at him now.

"Like... we heard how good they were singing together earlier, and... Maybe George, they, thou, and I can... um..."

Ringo took in a breath.

"Make a group?"

"Why Ringo, that sounds like a great idea!" Cynthia exclaimed.

George thought for a moment.

"Interesting idea, but for now, we hast bigger things to deal with."

George began to hop forward again, prompting Cynthia and Ringo to follow.

"After all, we do not know if we will ever get the chance to do that. We hast to plan something in order to make them fall in love at a faster pace."

"Uh George, I think that that is going... a bit too far," Cynthia stated quietly.

"I know it is, but I do not want to take any risks here. We only hast once chance to break the curse, and I want to make sure that it succeeds."

"I think George is right, Cynthia," Ringo stated, his gaze falling on the teapot besides him.

Cynthia smiled a little.

"Alright. I say that, soon, we should... make plans for the pair."