The First Day

~Roman's POV~
    It is my first day at a new school. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I walk over to the front doors of this huge highschool. I walk inside the building. I need to get to the principal's office. But I don't know where it is. I start walking aimlessly, hoping to give the principal's office.
   After a minute of walking around, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to face a boy with glasses, a light blue shirt, khaki pants and a light gray sweater around his neck. "Hi, I'm Patton!" he some what sounded like a child. "Hello, I'm Roman." I said calmly. "I heard you were new to this school." he said it more calm this time. "Yeah, that's me." I said. "Well, if you need anything you let me know, alright kiddo?" he said in a comforting voice. Wait, kiddo? Did he just call me kiddo? Never mind that. "Um, actually, can you show me to the principal's office?" I said nervously, not wanting to seem to desperate for help. "Sure, follow me!" he said, then starting walking. I followed him.
  When we arrived at the office, I thanked him. "No problem Kiddo. I'm going to head to class, I'll see you around!" after he said that he walked away. I walked into the office and got my schedule. "Let's see, first I have to go to homeroom" I said to myself. I walked back looking for my classroom. Luckily I found it right before the bell rang.
  I walked inside the classroom. I saw Patton. I was very relieved that I have one friend in homeroom. I walk over to him and sit next to him. We talk until the teacher came in the classroom. "Good morning class, my name is Ms. Joans." She said that confidently. "I will give you time to get to know your classmates then I will take roll." She sat down at her desk and was looking for a paper. Me and Patton kept talking until Patton noticed someone in the class. He was staring at someone but I couldn't tell who. "Patton, are you okay? You've been staring at something for quite a while." Patton turned his head back to facing me he was blushing a bit. "Sorry, Kiddo. I kinda zoned out for a moment." He laughed nervously. "Who is it?" I asked him in a teasing type voice. "W-what do you mean?!" He was nervous about something, I could tell. "Who were you staring at? And do you have a crush on them?" I asked in a sorta serious voice. "W-well it's-" Patton was cut off by the teacher. "All right settle down, I'm going to take roll." She called all out names but one seemed to make Patton, happy? "Logan Alden?" She said loud enough for the whole class could hear. "Present." He said with no emotion what so ever. Right when He said present, Patton smiles and blushes a little. "Logan Alden." Patton mumbled to himself. "So, that's the guy you have a crush on?" I whispered to Patton. "Y-yeah." He whispered back.

(533 words. Thanks for reading!)