The First Day

Through the portal. Nothing on me, I thought as I walked forward. I had already filled out everything I needed to, what I would be known as, my birthday, and even my height and weight. The portal was made of white concrete with the words 'Hermicraft Six' engraved at the top in a large, sketchy font. The actual portal looked like a light purple with tiny, deep gray specks bouncing rapidly across the violet. My breath hitched as I turned around, my last glance at my previous home.

I took in a shallow breath as I remembered why I was even there. I shouldn't even be moving servers yet. I'm a literal child and I'm moving without a parent or family member.

I felt sick as the portal swallowed me. I became nauseated and dizzy as I melted from one world to the next.

"Oh, careful." A tall man clad in green armor and a dark silver helmet said as I tripped on my way out of the portal. I jumped, the suddenness of his presence startling me. I had been told about him, a tall guy in green armor, I think his name was Xisuma.

He held his hand out for me to shake, "I'm sorry, didnt mean to scare you. My names XisumaVoid, but you can call me Xisuma or X. And you are y/n, correct?" I took his hand warily.

"Yeah, call me t/n though." I whispered, unsure he could even hear me as I took my hand away.

"Ok t/n, follow me. I'm gonna introduce you to my friends." I followed him quietly, my eyes bouncing between the many beautiful builds that filled my surroundings. They seemed to be shops.

"Here we are!" Xisuma said as we stepped into one of the shops. I caught a glimpse of a sign on the way in that said Cherry. Inside the single room shop were about 20 people. I felt my heart rate rise, there were too many people I didnt know. Too many strangers.

"From the left over we have Mumbo, Grian, Iskall, Stress, Cleo, False, Doc," my eyes followed to each person as he said their names, "Ren,  Bdubs, Keralis, Tango, Impulse, TFC, Joe, Wels, Vintage Beef, Scar, Cub, Etho, Hypno, Jevin, xB, Zedaph, and me!" I silently waved at everyone around me. Many smiled, some didnt, so many people.

"Everyone, this is y/n, but their tag is g/t. Could you tell us what your t/n will be?" Xisuma introduced me partially and left the rest to me.

"Uhm.. t/n..." I spoke after a second of thought, a shy smile creeping on my face. I then dug my hands into my pockets, trying to find something to play with, settling on a loose string. I looked at my feet while Xisuma started talking to the others. I didnt listen to what he said, only trying to calm my nerves.

"-what do you think, t/n?" Xisuma said, cutting me out of my thoughts.

"Uh.. I wasn't listening... could you repeat that?" I half whispered, looking up quickly, much more aware of my surroundings.

"Oh, of course. I just asked if you wanted to either stay at one these guys bases for a few nights or use one of their starter bases until you had some sort of shelter built for your self." Xisuma repeated kindly. I looked around the crowd of strangers as I thought. Some of them looked so kind while others were scary at first glance, like that creeper guy. He was standing there with his arms crossed while talking to a half-wolf guy next to him. My eyes bounced to one of the less menacing looking people, a short, blond guy in a red jumper.

"I-I'll stay with someone..." I finally answered Xisuma.

"Well, that settles that. Any volunteers?" He announced loudly but softly. It was silent after that. Dead silent. You would be able to hear a pin drop it was so quiet. I sunk into my shirt slightly. Did none of them want to help me, did they not like me? While these thoughts flew around my brain, someone raised their hand in the corner of my eye.

"I will!" It was the short blond guy in red that looked so nice for some reason. Slowly I looked up, a smile sliding onto my face. His face cooled down the anxiety I felt, it comforted me like a siblings would. With my hands still in my pocket, I walked tediously over to him. The two next to him were much taller and sort of intimidating. One of them was in a dark grey suit with a red tie and a mustache, the other tall one had on a green hoodie with a black vest over it along with a robotic eye. None of them seemed to have noticed me move as they were discussing something I was by no chance interested in.

I went behind the short, kind looking man who offered to help me. And I poked him. It startled him for sure as he tensed up and spun around in less than a second. My small smile grew wider, and then I poked him again. And again, then slid my hand back into my pocket.

"Why you little!" He smiled and poked me back. I then got an idea, poke the mustache guy, see what happens. I pulled my hand back out, seeing that it was still shaking slightly, and quickly poked Mr. Mustache. Luckily he poked me back, grinning cheerfully. So I tested my luck again, poking robo-eye. Well almost. Apparently he knew what I was going to do and was ready before I even had my hand out of my pocket. He grabbed my wrists and kept them together. I began to giggle at the situation, it eventually was loud enough to hear over the conversation everyone was having.

"I see you've made friends quickly." Xisuma said, trying to conseal a chuckle. Somehow, I manage to escape robo-eye's grip and go back behind blondie. He didn't seem to noticeso I sat on the ground behind him, wondering what would my life be like from now on

Xisuma continued to talk to people while I sat on the ground behind blondie, flicking the ground. I could already tell that the people here were amazing and ready to help. They acted like family, I could tell from the start. They all knew each other well and were always there for each other. The creeper guy was even starting to look less scary. I let my small grin turn into a full-fledged smile as I stared at the floor.

Edited: 10/19/2020- 1054 words