Finding

X's pov

EX had once again forced me to get a decent amount of sleep last night, and I already felt better. I slept for nearly 12 hours, where as the past couple of nights id only been getting 30 minutes to an hour at best. This is one thing my brother has always made sure of with me, the fact that I get enough sleep to act like a normal human, and I really appreciate it. 

It was the day after I had explained all the information I had found to the other Hermits. Many of them had already gotten on many parts of the process. Scar, Cub, Cleo, Mumbo, Grian, Joe, and Xb were working on gathering ingredients and making the required potions to save Tango, Impulse, Zed, Keralis, and BDubs. Doc, Ren, Wels, Iskall, False, and VinBeef were out looking for the 0'0 coordinates of the world, which luckily weren't very far away. We already had plenty of resources to build the portal, but we would need Impulse's help to tame a ghast to light said portal.

I wanted to go out and help them, but I needed to find out more about the layout of Xicraft. I needed to know what mobs lived there and the types of blocks that made up the world. So far, I know they have blocks called Blackstone, essentially a darker version of cobble stone, including all the variants it could be turned into. I knew that Zhuvito's castle was giant and almost impossible to get into. It's made of multiple layers and surrounded by a giant obsidian and bedrock wall, always blocked and watched by trained guards.

I've found no way in or out besides the main entrance which leads straight to Zhuvito's throne. Before we could even possibly make it to the door, we would be pelted by arrows and TNT from above. It was getting frustrating how much this place was protected and armed. I wanted to just throw the book from rage, but I couldn't. It was our only hope of figuring out a way in.

At this point, I had no information on where (Tn) could be either. I didnt know where cells or holding rooms were or if the kid was in one. They might be allowed to just roam the castle, but that is a close to zero chance. One of the few things I did know is that they were most likely being given horrible food that is hardly sustaining them. I made a mental note to make sure to bring actual food for (Tn) when we go for them.

"Hey, I got some food news for ya bro." EX said calmly from behind me. I didnt even hear him come in, so it surprised me.

"Again with letting me know that your here, PLEASE." I remarked as I turned to face my brother once again. He took off his helmet and placed in under his arm as he rolled his eyes.

"Potion ingredients are all collected and are being brewed right now. One problem though." EX paused and pushed some stray hair out of his face.

"Its gonna take at least a week to brew, then another few days for it to even start taking effect. So, it will probably be another 2 or 3 weeks until your friends are healed." EX finished as I placed my head in my hands. I just hoped that (Tn) is being treated well enough to be alive when we get there, but I even doubted that.

"And there's no way to speed this up?" I asked hopefully. My brother just shook his head silently and sat on a nearby chest. I took off my own helmet and placed it on the desk, running my hand through my hair.

"Xisuma Void. We are giving you the responsibility of taking care of a child with a highly troubling past. Know that you are being given a highly difficult task and this should be taken seriously. This child is being placed in your posession to be taken care of and protected against Zhuvito. This child has been through a lot and needs to be taken care of as such. It is up to you whether or not they remember their past and whether or not the others on the server know."

"Yes, sir."

"Now, if you are certain that you can manage this, raise your right hand a repeat after me. I, state your name."

"I, Xisuma Void."

"Pledge to take care of (Your full name)."

"And keep them out of harm's way as long as I shall live."

"Thank you Mr. Void. Now, (Yn) will be sent to your server on February 29 around 2 pm. Please be waiting at the entrance portal for them."

"I will, sir."

"Good. You are dismissed."

"Xisuma, are you ok? Hello!?" EX brought me back from my flashback.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine.. I'm good." I lied. I had just relived the promise I had indirectly made to the kid, and I broke that promise. (Yn) is in danger, and I had promised to keep them from danger. (Yn) is in Zhuvitos clutches, and I had promised to keep them from him.

"No, X, you are not fine. What. Is. Wrong." My brother pried.

"Seriously, I'm fine." Another lie, and EX wasnt having it. He narrowed his eyes and looked at me. I held my ground and sneered back.

"Fine. But if you ever decided that something is wrong, tell me before I figure it out myself." EX stated, put on his helmet, and left. I felt kinda bad for lieing to him, but I just didnt know how to tell him. He'll think that I'm like a second grader crying over a broken promise, which I kinda was. I felt horrible for not helping them and for how long (Tn) has spent in that place and how much longer they'll have to be there.

~~~•~~•~~~
Ok, gonna have to admit it, I wrote this one at 11 last night cause I wasnt keeping track of the date. (In case you didnt know, I try to post on either Saturday or Sunday every week). Even with that, I like this chapter somewhat. Sibling bonding time, felt like EX needed to try and bust X for something sssooooo.

Also, not at all part of the story, but! OrionTheFox and I are gonna be part of Out of the Internet, Into the Real World by Hermitpad Recap. Figured I should make some more people aware of it, you should go check it out, sounds like its gonna be really fun!

Thank you, Orion for telling me about this, I'd of never found it on my own :P.