We all need hugs sometimes

It was the next day, but I didn't get up. Last night was still corrupting my head. I looked out my window to see it was very early, maybe 4 or 5 in the morning. I didn't bother going to sleep. I would just dream of the vomit. The ball. The gloves. The abandoned field. Tango's sickly face.

It was all too much for me. I couldn't believe what had happened right before my eyes. No one had told me what had happened to Tango yet, not even if he was OK. I can ask when its light enough. Who do I ask though?

X? Grian? Mumbo? Cleo? Anyone could answer my question, really. It all depends who might be sensitive about it though. Impulse was so worried about Tango, he may not be the best to ask, but he's the only one that would possibly be sensitive that I can think of.

I looked back out the window, it was only somewhat lighter out. The clock on my wall said it was 5:30 in the morning. It was early, yes, but I couldn't sleep. So I got up and made my bed, ate breakfast, and went out to my farm. I grabbed an apple from my tree and fed it to my horse, Quartz. I named her that because of her shining white hair. I pet her mane and then sat down next to her.

"I'm scared, girl. What do I do?" I said, closing my eyes and leaning my head against her back. Quartz just gave a heavy breath and lifted her head. I stoked her mane again and she laid back down and shut her eyes.

Pew

Was that a rocket? No, why would it be. I'm the only one crazy bought to be up at this time. I sat up non the less and looked at the early morning sky. Just the, another rocket sounded and someone went flying by. They were too far away to make out who it was so I let it go. Might as well go back inside and get something productive done.

I put on my armour and Elytra, strapping tools to my belt and throwing some food and other items into my inventory. I can go look through the shopping district, I guess. I flew off towards the shops, still asking myself things about Tango. The place was empty, a few animals here and there, but no Hermits. It was very.. Eerie I suppose, the lack of people.

I kept peeking into stores, looking for something to distract my mind. Some stores got my interest by the design, but nothing convinced me to buy anything. After some walking, I sat on one of the giant coral things in the shopping district. I could see my reflection on the water, now glicining from the early sun which was now almost fully visible behind the shops. It was a beautiful sight, the pastel sky, the dark ground, the glowing sun, and the wind blowing the leaves.

It was enough for me to almost fall asleep, but not quite. I knew I would have nightmares if I did. That's what happened when things like what happened to Tango happened to me. I wouldn't be able to sleep for nights without having nightmares. Like when my parents-

"Tn?" Who was that? I turned my head to see who it was. It was Doc, he was walking up to me with a confused and worried expression consultant his face.

"Hi.." My voice has become weaker than it was with Quartz. Maybe it was just because I hadn't really ever spoken with the creeper hybrid.

"Are you OK? And why are you out here so early in the morning?" He asked now at the bottom of the coral.

"I'm fine, I guess. I just didn't sleep well last night." Truthfully I wasn't fine. I felt beaten up. Scarred for life. Doc just nodded and looked down.

"Yeah, I get that. No one was able too. Mainly because of Tango, but also because you didn't send out a 'goodnight' last night. We've all gotten used to you saying it, (Tn), that it sorta worried us all." I felt bad for worrying them more than they needed to be.

"Sorry. I really didn't mean to worry you guys. I was in a lot of shock last night and completely forgot." I whispered loud enough for Doc to hear.

"Don't apologize, its fine. Cleo told us you looked lost the entire way back and that you didn't speak. We knew you were fine, it just felt odd." He said, now looking into my eyes. I nodded and asked, " Is Tango OK?"

"Yeah, Stress and Xisuma are helping him out right now. We are all gonna go visit him later." He said. I just nodded again, now slightly curled up.

"C'mon. Let's take you to Grian. I think Mumbo and Iskall are over there right now too. I bet they can cheer you up." I nodded and jumped down, trying not to break my ankles. We shot up into the sky and Doc took me over to Grian's base. It took roughly a minute to get over to the base, we then landed inside the bottom layer.

"Grian?" Doc called as I resteadied myself.

"Next floor." Grian called from above. Doc and I shot through the hole in the ceiling and landed on the next level. I turned to see Grian, Mumbo, and Iskall sitting down on the floor eating cookies.

"I have someone in need of assistance and I think you are that assistance." Doc said pushing me over to the others.

"Thanks Doc. We'll take them from here." Grian said as he patted a space next to him. Doc waved and left for god knows where as I sat between Grian and Mumbo.

"Can't sleep?" He asked, giving me a cookie.

"Yeah. Just worried is all." I said taking the cookie.

"None of us can. We know he's fine, but it still scares us." Grian said. It made me kinda happy to know that I wasn't the only one who was scared. I started crying a bit. Something I hadn't done in months. Mumbo saw and pulled me into his side. I hugged him back and dug my face into his side. Grian and Iskall joined the hug too.

"Sometimes, people, even grown adults, need a hug." Iskall said as well all pulled away and he wiped my tears away.