The Terrible Task

This is a very graphic chapter. It involves much blood and death. Please only read if you are ok with reading this.
Your POV

It had been, I don't know, maybe two or three days. Mister tall guard dude, or as I had learned his name to be Lazlo, has visited a few times, mainly just to feed me. Speaking of food, it was still no better than the first. Stale and rotting food was all I was served.

And the hunger was catching up to me. I could feel it ever so lightly in my stomach occasionally. But I wouldn't dare myself to eat half the things I'm given. Lazlo obviously noticed, but didn't seem to care all that much. He kinda just gives me the food and leaves, answering only certain questions.

I was missing my friends. Heck, I was missing Hermitcraft all together. The pranks, the people, all the wonderful builds, and, most of all, the adventures. I keep wishing to just be let out of this horror show and go back to my normal life on the Hermitcraft server.

"Hey kid! Come here!" It was Lazlo again, but he didn't have the prison food in his hands. Wearily, I stood and walked over to him. Lazlo grabbed my wrists behind my back and tied them together with something, probably a rope of some sort. As is instinct, I panicked.

"What the hack Lazlo?!" I cried as flash backs began to travel past my eyes.

"Hey, hey! Calm down, squirt! Boss just doesn't want you getting away!" Lazlo explained fiercely as he tugged the rope. I calmed down a bit, but was still worried of what's to come.

"What's going on and where are you taking me anyway?!" I pried. Lazlo rolled his eyes.

"Boss says it's time you find out why you're here." He grumbled. I could only imagine the worst with this.

When we did arrive at... where ever it was, I was greeted by some large machine covered in buttons and wires. On one side, a woman with long red hair and a lab coat stood pressing buttons and typing, and on the other was a man with blond hair and and curled mustache doing the same.

"Oh ho ho! Lazlo, you brought them in! Thank you, now go deal with something else. I'll call you when its time to return the child to their room." I could only recognize that voice as Zhuvito behind us. I kept my head down, avoiding eye contact with them. I even stopped struggling as I tried to hatch an escape plan. As I thought wildly, I could feel a presence in front of me.

Lazlo was gone and Zhuvito had hold of me. They released the rope, but immeadiatly grabbed my wrist. The touch burned immensely, as if I had stuck my hand in lava. I screamed and struggled, trying to get their hand off of me.

"I can make it worse, child, don't think I won't!" Zhuvito sounded even more pissed, but I continued, not heading his warning. I then felt,the burning sensation on my other wrist, causing me to fall to the ground.

"Kids, they never listen. Do they Arena?" The lady looked up, nodded, and went back to pressing things. Zhuvito began dragging me across the floor of the dark room towards the machine. I still continued my screaming from the pain on my wrists. As we neared the machine, the blond man walked up and helped Zhuvito attach me to the machine.

Slowly, they attached wires to every limb on my body, an abundance of them on my head. Metal arms held me in place as Zhuvito and the man backed away. The man went back to his side if the machine as Zhuvito sat back and watched.

Cautiously, I looked down to my wrists and saw heavy scorch marks on each. Not enough to do any permanent damage, but enough to kill many nerve endings for a long time. With one last look to my captor, I felt a sharp pain rush from the wires all through out my body.

All my horrible memories started to flash back in front of me. All of them in so much detail, I couldn't tell if I was reliving them or if they were a dream of my past.

It was a warm summer day, and my brother and I were in the back yard with our dog. We were having a pretend sword fight with sticks that had fallen from the trees around our house. It was about a month before I had went through the portal into Hermitcraft, still unbeknownst to me it would be happening.

"Hey, (Yn), catch!" My brother yelled to me as he threw another stick to me, as mine had just snapped. I barely missed it and had to reach down to grab it. As I leaned, down, I heard my brother screech and my dog bark, soon leading to silence from my brother and a whimpering dog. Then nothing.

I slowly turned around, scared of what I would find. On the ground laid my brother and my dog, eyes blank and staring into nothingness. Blood was gushed around them along with some sort of black, shiny substance.

I started to back away but heard my parents scream too, then silence and blood and more of that black, goopy stuff on the living room window. I turned and ran as fast as I could down to the police station. My body wasn't at all prepared for the run, but I forced myself to continue. I rushed into the lobby and went to the phone to call dispatch.

"Hello, 911, what's your emergencie?" A lady asked on the other end. With tears streaming down my face I stuttered out.

"M-y famil-ly was just mur-murdered a-nd I don' know wh-who killed them..." The lady continued to ask me questions about it, and I answered as best as I could, but without actually seeing the person, I couldn't help much.

Eventually, an officer was sent out to bring me to the back for even further questioning. I followed, answered to the best of my ability, and was then promptly sent to an orphanage.

It was there that I learned that I was... special. Special in a way that couldn't be delt with at the orphanage. About two weeks after, I was sent to Hermitcraft. All I had been told about this place was 'nothing should be able to get you here. A man named Xisuma Void will help you and make sure of this.'

I was pushed back into reality with a sore throat and stinging eyes. I had just forgotten all the bad that happened that day. All the bad that was brought upon my family because of my one special peculiarity.

I wanted so badly just to scream and yell and fight until all the emotion was gone, but I couldn't. I had used all my voice and all my tears during that horrible flash back.

"Memory successfully retrieved, sir." The blond man said as Zhuvito stared at me with that wicked grin upon his face.

"Thank you, Norman. And thank you, child, for providing me with your memories. This has been fun, I will send Lazlo for you." And with that, Zhuvito was gone, all that was left was a hazy purple cloud.

"Son of a bitch..." I muttered with the last of my voice as my holds were released and the wires disconnected. I dropped to the floor and stayed there until Lazlo came and tied me up again. He didn't speak and nor did I during the journey back to my cell. As I was let back in, Lazlo released the rope once more and slammed the door.

I crawled to my bed and started sobbing quietly due to my deadened voice box. All the damned memories came flowing back. All the damn things the lady told me about myself that I didn't need or want. It dawned on me why Hermitcraft was the target then. All the memories I had suppressed and forgotten, are now back and stronger than ever.

I had just gotten over most of my anxiety and adjusted to my life on Hermitcraft, but now I would have to start all over again, but worse.

~~~•~~•~~~

And back story! Uhm.. yes, so, this is a part of your back story and why Zhuvito has taken you of all people. I don't know yet when I am going to tell you what this ability is, but sometime soon I suppose!

Okey, ❤ you, bye!