Welcome Young One!

One week later

I had built a decent base that would last me long enough to get things together, along with a small farm. Having been mining a couple times, usually accompanied by one of the Hermit's, I managed to scrape together some iron armor and tools. My chest has 5 diamonds... Somewhere in the mess. I'm just as bad as Grian when it comes to organizing things. I only have them because someone needed some help with their animals, and I was the help. Even during the few mining trips I'd been on, I couldn't go to far in, it kinda creeped me out even with one of the other Hermits down there with me.

"Finally, I can go visit Grian and the others." I whispered to myself as I put the wood I had just collected away. Grian had said to come over to his base when ever possible, he never told me why though. Even so, I grabbed some bread and my sword and left my base, buckling my sword to my belt.

After about ten minutes of walking later and many false scares of a mob, I had made it to Grian's base. He had put a ladder in the entrance so I could get in when I needed to as I didn't have an elytra yet. Carefully, I descended the ladder to the floor of the base. The torches were all out and it was very quiet.

"Grian?" I called out. Nothing

"Grian!"

Still nothing.

"A..anyone?"

Not a sound.

"If anyone is there, you're really freaking me out..." Still, it was silent. I walked forward, wondering if I should go back to my base. My face was starting to heat up from tears at the back of my eyes.

Creak

I froze in place. It could have been my imagination playing tricks on me with the help of my anxiety. But I could have sworn something creaked. Just breath, I told myself;in, out, in, out, in, ou- I screamed as  something had picked me up from behind as the torches relighted. It was... Mumbo?

"Welcome to Hermitcraft!!!" I heard from all around me as I now sat on Mumbo's shoulders. My smile widened and my anxiety went through the roof. My breathing was unsteady and my heart was beating alarmingly fast.

Apparently Mumbo noticed and put me down immediately on a red shulkerbox.

"Are you OK? You don't seem alright!" He said as people started to notice.

"I'm fine, just spooked is all." Which was almost the truth. The social anxiety was also there, but not as prominent.

"Good. Do you need a minute or are you OK?"

"Just a second and I'll be okie doki!" I said cheerfully. Everyone backed up and started talking again. Mumbo stayed fairly close to make sure I was fine, looking over at me every few minutes. My breathing was slowing back to normal along with my heart rate. Grian walked up to me not to long later, so I asked "was this your idea?"

"Nope. Thank Xisuma. He is also the one who made the plan to scare you." He said while handing me a bottle of cold water.

"Thanks. Can you maybe help me get revenge on him?" I said, opening the glass.

"Sure! We are in the middle of a prank war so it would fit right in!" I stopped drinking the water and looked at him with utter confusion in my eyes. He got the message, "it was stopped so you weren't to overwhelmed by it all. We agreed that you needed to settle before it resumed. So that's what we did."
I nodded my head lightly and then looked around. My eyes widened when I saw a cake on the table. I poked Grian and then pointed to the cake.

"You thinkin what I'm thinkin?" He said.

"Stealth mode activate!" I said, crawling onto the floor and sneaking over to the table. Grian was close behind me, not as stealthy, but it was OK. Once behind the table, I reached my hand up to take some of the frosting from the side. Grian then tapped my armor and I turned around.

"What do you two think you're doing?" Ren said with a smile. He then got down with us and said, "without me?!" I chuckled and reached my hand back up, this time getting some. Grian and Ren did the same. I then peaked my head over the table to see anything else we could steal. As I did, I spotted cookies and Doc staring at me.

Quickly, I grabbed three cookies, handed one to Grian and Ren, then said run. We sprinted back behind one of the massive pillars Grian built and ate the cookies. Not long after, Doc was stood in front of us, his mouth in an upturned grin as he crossed his arms over his chest. I quickly pointed at Grian, who pointed at Ren, who in turn pointed at me.

"They did it!" We all said at the same time. Doc just shook his head, "Hey X! Come here real quick." Soon enough, Xisuma was next to Doc with the same look on his face

"You two are really pulling them into all of your shenanigan's, huh?" He said while rubbing a hand over his visor.

"You'll never take me alive!" I said, running past all of them and under the food table. Somehow I smuggled some cookies in the process... Well, they all ended up in my mouth, who cares how I came to grab them, right?

Edited: 10/19/2020- 928 words