It Will Be Ok

*Mumbo's pov*

I, along with Grian, Iskall, Joe, False, Ren, Scar, and Cub, were building a place for all that were infected. This list contained Impulse, Tango, Zed, and now BDubs. Tango was at the point he couldn't speak, his hair was black as the wither, bits of gray, white, purple dotted everywhere. Impulse wasn't much better, some of his hair was still brown, though hardly any. He could speak small sentences, but then couldn't for over an hour. Zed still had mostly blonde hair, but strips were black and gray. His voice was hoarse, but he could still speak for some time before needing a break. BDubs had his voice intact, only stopping occasionally, and only a few small bits of black on his hair.

The building was, hopefully, temporary. We were building with concrete, wood, and stone, making a big room for those who were sick, a kitchen, a small waiting room, and a recovery room that we hoped we would be using. It wasn't something we ever thought we would have to build.

During our building, we stayed quiet, only speaking to ask for a block or two. It was expected, of course. Our friends were sick and we still didn't know how to treat it, it was only expected that we would be so quiet. Although, Grian usually has some remark that will lighten the mood, he was the quietest and most emotionless throughout the build. He looked... Out of it. Like he wasn't processing the world around him. Grian was missplacing blocks and unresponsive to all of us, it was worrying me.

As I thought of the state Grian was in, Iskall walked over to me.

"Hey, Mumbo. Everything OK? You keep staring off." He whispered, placing a concrete powder covered hand on my shoulder. I shrugged, sighing as I placed down some wood.

"I'm not sure. I feel fine physically, mentally and emotionally though is... A blur." I ran a hand through my hair, trying to find an answer for Iskall. Maybe I should ask his opinion about Grian's behavior today. He might have an answer to that question.

"Have you noticed that Grian is a bit... Off today?" I asked sheepishly.

"Mumbo, everyone has been off lately." He said it sarcastically, removing his hand from my shoulder and shoving it in his pocket.

"No, I know that. But Grian hasn't said a word and keeps placing wrong blocks in the wrong place. He's never acted like this before." My voice became quieter each word, in the end close to inaudible. Iskall stood there for a second, processing my words. He looked down.

"Yeah, I guess he is acting weirdly. Maybe we should talk to him after we finish building." Iskall suggested as he looked back to me.

"Yeah, that sounds good." I started to place blocks again, creating the kitchen. I was tasked with creating a super smelter and filling in the floors for the room. It shouldn't have taken the half hour it did though. Super smelters are easy and floors are easier, it should have taken ten minutes, but I couldn't focus.

~~~•~after building~•~~~

I was waiting for Iskall so we could speak with Grian, but I didn't see the Swede anywhere.

Iskall, where are you?

Sorry, X needs to speak with me. He said its urgent. Do you think you can speak with Grian on your own?

Yes, it would be easier with you here though.

Sorry, bro.

Its OK. I've got this.

Hopefully.

I would have to speak with Grian myself, how hard could it be. We're best friends, we talk to each other all the time. Just speak like we usually do, find the problem, and solve it. Its that simple, right? I sighed at how worried I was to just speak with Grian.