Healing

No POV, in Hermitcraft

After another sleepless night, EX had finally found something to at least ease the pain. Tango, Impulse, Zed, and BDubs were all bedridden and felt like they were on the brink of death, which they were. Tango in particular wasn't doing well, being the first one to get sick and all.

His face was almost white, hair didn't even have a strand of blond left, and he couldn't hardly drink water with out suffering. Impulse, Zed, and BDubs weren't quite there, but were very very close. And in the time that (T/n) had been taken, Keralis and Etho gotten it.

EX left the thought and went back to the book, trying to find where he left off. The illness was presumed to be something called Obsician. The people unlucky enough to get don't get sick from passing it on, rather being chosen. It was a man made sickness that was more of an evil power than anything which is passed down through genetics.

For years, no one has seen it or used it, but X and Ex's old friend decided it was time to bring it back. This old friend that they had thought was locked away safely and stripped of his powers. An old friend that has no other vision but death and destruction.

Zhuvito somehow regained his powers and escaped, finding out about (T/n)'s peculiarity in that time. They terrorized the poor kid and have now captured them for some evil plan. Knowing them,    (T/n) is probably on the border between life and death. The Void brothers only had slight ideas of where they could be, but nothing definate.

And it was getting to Xisuma.

He couldn't relax, let alone sleep, knowing the the kid he had sworn to protect was somewhere out of his reach. Somewhere that he couldn't just reach out and help them, not even contact them. Xisuma wanted so badly to just have (T/n) back out of harm's way and back into a normal, safe life.

But he knows he'll need everyone to be fighting ready. Tango, Impulse, Zedaph, BDubs, Keralis, and Etho needed to be back to full health before anything could possibly even be planned. Zhuvito isnt a force to be reckoned with, especially with control over someone like (T/n). The kids power plus his could destroy a server in a matter of minutes. And Zhuvito wouldn't give it a second thought...

On the opposite side of the server, Grian was having a silent melt down.

He was as bad as X with his sleeping habits right now. All he had been doing was building until his bones ached. He had built so much, his base was essentially finished. Grian had even built up a new shop that he had been restocking every day just from the pure grinding he had been putting himself through.

Even with him being so many places every second, no one had seen him in forever.

At least that's what he thought.

Mumbo had seen him, and even if it was from afar, he could tell Grian wasn't himself. He was flying unprofesionaly, his hair looked more like a rats nest than usual, and he wasn't speaking to anyone. Usually hes talking to someone every hour of the day or even just throwing and egg or two at someone.

But he hasn't been.

Mumbo was getting curious and worried about Grian, having not seen him. So, Mumbo being the problem solver he is, decided to go check on the other Hermit. He grabbed his elytra and some rockets and flew the short distance between their bases.

Mumbo landed in the main area of Grian's base, then flew up, knowing that Grian stayed in his green room thing a lot.

"Hey Gri?!" He called as he shot up. Mumbo landed down on grass, immediately seeing Grian up in a tree that certainly wasn't there before. Gradually, Mumbo towered himself to the top where Grian was, sitting on the branch next to Grian's. Grian didnt look to Mumbo at all, he just started blankly out the window at the noon sun.

"Grian, talk to me, please..?" Mumbo asked in a general voice. Grian peeked over but went back to the window the same second.

"C'mon, everyone is worried about you... I'm worried about you. We havent heard from you in days and it's just making everyone worse..." Grian closed his eyes tight but had no other response.

"... Is there anyway I can help..?" Mumbo questioned in the same soft plea. Grian looked at Mumbo directly this time, holding eye contact for a few seconds before dropping his head. He hid in his knees and Mumbo could hear soft sobs from the other Hermit. Mumbo wrapped his arm over Grian's shoulders and pulled him closer.

"I could have saved them..." Grian muttered between sobs.

"Gri, we've been over this. Zhuvito would have gotten in no matter what we had done differently. We have no power over him.." Mumbo explained again.

"And that's what we could have done differently! If we had known! If X had just TOLD US what had happened to (T/n) before hand, we could have done SOMETHING to help!" Grian blurted in choked cries. It took Mumbo by surprise as Grian was being so quiet and out if it before hand.

"That's exactly why X didnt tell us! He wanted to give the kid a normal life! He didnt want us to fuss over their safety so they could be-"

"By not telling us it caused (T/n) to have a worse life! They are somewhere that we CANT FIND and as X was saying are probably being ABUSED! (T/n) isnt a normal kid and it was dumb to try and make them one!" Grian cut Mumbo off mid sentance, still barely choking out words as tears gushed down his face.

Mumbo, not in the mood to fight with his crush, decided to do something to help rather than anger Grian. He pulled Grian into a tight hug, Grian immediately clutching to Mumbo.

"I'm sorry for yelling...." Grian whispered.

"Its ok. Were all having a rough time, we just have to calm down a bit. We'll find the kid, but we have to be in a good mental state to do so." Mumbo responded quietly.

"Hey, how about we clean you up and get you back to everyone." Mumbo suggested after some talking. Grian just nodded before climbing out of the tree, Mumbo following.

When they were back to the main room, they began to get Grian back  to looking like himself; untangling his hair, clean clothes, and a bright smile. The two then sat and ate some food, discussing how they should clean up the mess in the corner of the room. It was settled that they would half organize the various items into chests and then put them away safely.

After a full days worth of comforting and cleaning, Grian and Mumbo said goodbye then went their separate ways.

~~~•~~•~~~
I am so so so so so so sorry for not updating for an entire month!!!!! I took a sudden and unexpected break for a long time. First, I just didnt have motivation the first week of June, so I didnt post that first weekend. Then I didnt write anything and I wasnt prepared for the next update day, then the next. I've also been worried with all the dumb stuff that's happening in the world right now with my dad being an officer and all.

I am once again very sorry for not posting, but I will try to get more chapters out<3