You'd say He hung the moon ,I'd say He hung the galaxy

It happens like this. One day you meet someone and for some inexplicable reason, you feel more connected to this stranger than anyone else. - Lang Leav

Lydia

The next few days fly by in a flurry of exhaustion and an overload of homework. Theo has taken Liam for the week, and I'm looking forward to a week of catching up on sleep. So far Theo had been texting me every night and it pleased her to know he was putting the same amount of effort she was.

The only problem was the Ravens had a game on Friday at home, and Theo had wanted her to come and bring Liam (so he could include his 'son' in his basketball dreams) it wasn't that she didn't want to go, it was who they were playing against was the problem. Oak Lake.

To say I have a history with them in an understatement. I had my heartbroken and trambled on by their captain. No one knows about that, not even my parents. They just think we broke up, but how can you tell your parents that he only wanted me cause of who my family was? And I don't really want to be telling Theo the story, but this is his project to I suppose. So I guess I'm going. Just need to avoid a certain someone.

Theo

Its Friday and tonight was our first game against long time rivals Oak Lake. Lydia is also coming tonight with Liam. As much as I said its because of the project, I am really excited for Lydia to be here. Lately something has been developing between us. I don't know if its just friendship or possibly more. Knowing that she will be there tonight makes me want to play better.

My parents have also started to see a change in me, I've been doing all my homework, training and not even complaining about it. Yes it is exhausting having a kid and being in high school, but I really think Mrs Newton is getting her point across with teen parents. Lydia was kind enough to take Liam yesterday so I could have a good nights sleep before the game (even if she said its so she wouldn't hear me complian)

Sitting in the lockerroom before the game I get a text from Lydia. It's a picture of Liam in his pram (with his noise cancelling headphones of course) with the court in the background with the message saying "ready to watch you win" smiling to myself, I know im ready for this.

Lydia

After sending the picture, I take a look around the court. Everyone on my side of the court is dressed for the ravens and on the opposite side the oak lake supporters. The cheerleaders are already getting the crowd hyped up, where the Tree hill cheerleadres are getting ready for the entrance of our players. Sitting at the end, so I can slip out if need be, I look directly across and see the rival team entering the court.

 My breath hitches when I see their captain Cody looking around with a smug look on his face. Quickly looking away and chastising myself for him having an effect on me. 

The music starts and my eyes are automatically drawn to Theo. The smile that takes over my face cant be helped and I see him scan the crowd and stop when he sees me. His smile grows when our eyes connect and that feeling in my stomach makes me aware that my feelings are getting out of control. Its only been a couple weeks but already has become a bigger part of my life than I could imagine.

Once the gym had cleared out after the game (The Ravens won of course) I make my way outside. As I walk out the gym I see Cody standing the end of the hall. Knowing I need to walk past him to get outside, I keep my head down while pushing Liam trying to avoid him as much as possible.

"Well,well,well if it isn't Miss Lydia Scott"

Taking a deep breath I turn and look at that smug face.

"Cody, how are you?"

"I am doing great, and you? I see you have a kid now?! Wow and I couldn't even get you to put out" he says folding his arms and and staring down at me.

Feeling my composure start to weaken and tears start to prickle behind my eyes, I didn't even notice Theo walk up beside me.

"Lydia" he yells happily, grabbing me and pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you so much for coming and bringing Liam! Did he enjoy it?"

Thankful for the moment of distraction, I school my features to forget Cody standing watching all this unfold.

"Well he slept through it but I'm sure he will be impressed"

Hearing a throat clear, Theo turns and gives Cody the once over.

"Can I help you?"

"Well I was busy talking to Lydia before you rudely interrupted. Didn't take you as someone who had a type Lydia"

"The only similarities between you and Theo is that you are both basketball players, and that's where it ends. Theo is much more kind and considerate compared to you."

"Keep telling yourself that"

Feeling my anger starting to build, Theo steps between Cody and I, looking like he is ready for a fight.

"I think its time for you to leave Cody" I quickly say

"It was good seeing you Lydia, and just a little piece of advice Theo, even if you fake a relationship with little miss perfect, her daddy still wont scout you."

Once he walks out, Theo turns to look at me.

My whole body starts to shake and my throat starts to close, as the dam starts to break behind my eyes.

"Hey, don't listen to him, hes a complete and utter jerk"

He pulls me into another hug, while the tears start falling onto my cheeks.

Grabbing onto him, I can feel my heart, that was broken by Cody, slowly start to piece together again.

Title Inspiration below