And so We Talked all Night about the Rest of our Lives

The Thing about New Beginnings is that they require something else to end- Blair Waldorf

Lydia

It's finally the day to hand back Liam as well as our journals of the experience. After today we begin finals week and then graduation. Then we will be done with high school.

We have grown closer since last Friday and when he dropped me off he kissed me. Nothing else has happened since except a lot of texting.

Sitting in Mrs Newton's class, I'm waiting for Theo to bring Liam in. for some reason it feels sad to know we will be handing him back, it's like a piece of yourself leaving you. Everyone around us is busy with their dolls and making sure they have everything to be handed in. I turn and look at the door when Theo walks in.

"Hey"

"Hey you, you got everything?" I ask him

"I hope so; at least we know that we both have our journals and the doll!"

"I can't believe we are handing him back today, 9 months have flown by"

"It has, and a lot has changed in that time" he says smiling at me.

We haven't come clean about our situation, but we definitely not hiding it.

"Ok class, the time has come to hand back your children as well as your reports. I hope you have learnt something over the past 9 months. And I'm sure you all will be enjoying a full night's sleep for finals week. So you are going to come up pair by pair and sign over the doll as well as your reports".

2 by 2 everyone goes up and hands over their dolls. It's finally our turn, Theo carrying Liam and me carrying our reports. He finally hand over him and we are officially free.

"Let's go out and celebrate tonight" he says to me

"Sure, where?"

"I have an idea, just be ready at 6pm" he says

The school day goes by quickly, and Claire comes over that afternoon to help me get ready for my date.

"So, your first official date with Theo! How do you feel?"

"I'm excited, it feels good to go out and not have a kid waiting for me at home you know"

"I do not know because I was bright enough to not sign up for that class" she says as she walks into my closet.

Changing into jeans and a white top, I do my make up very subtly. At 6pm on the dot the doorbell goes. Claire had left about an hour ago after helping me get ready.

I answer the door and see Theo standing there in jeans and a white t-shirt.

"Wow, I guess great minds think alike" I say answering the door.

"I think I prefer the look on you"

Smiling at him I grab my bag before closing the front door.

The roads look familiar and it's not long before I realize we are making our way to the rivercourt.

"The Rivercourt?" I ask

"You said you have some of your best memories here, I thought we could add to that list."

It's amazing how with just a few simple words, he can make my heart flutter.

I don't have a lot of experience with dates, but it's the best one I have been on.

He had a picnic basket and blankets. We sat by the water and never spoke once about school or the future, just our likes and dislikes, more about our families. It was perfect. The night ended with a goodnight kiss at the front door.