At least we know someday, That we can look back and say...

Fall in love with someone who is both your safe place and your biggest adventure - Bianca Sparacino

Lydia

I wake up thinking about last night. Spending an evening with Theos' family was something I never thought I would be doing. I've never spent time with a guy's family, I never met Cody's family as he always said they were too busy, but he made a point to meet mine. Smiling to myself, I realize that Theo and I aren't even an item and he has spent time with my parents and I've spent time with his.

Getting out of bed, I know mom is busy at the café today and dad is out with Uncle Clay. Saturdays are normally spent with Claire, but with her trying to get into UCLA and live out her "Legally Blonde' dream, she has to put in 100% to all her classes. Deciding that I need fresh air, I change into my workout gear and get Liam ready.

Placing Liam in the stroller once I have everything, I make my way out of the door. I know exactly where I'm heading as it's been my favourite place growing up. I grew up watching my dad and Jamie practice here, having picnics with my mom and eventually learning how to play basketball myself, the rivercourt is my sanctuary, my safe space. A place that I can sit, look out to the river and just think. It's about a 10 minute walk from my house. I walk thinking about the year ahead, how I must cherish these moments as literally in a few months' time I will probably be in New York, finding another favourite spot, having to manoeuvre my way around a city that i know in my heart is where i belong. I love tree hill, there really is no place like it in the world. But small towns come with their own problems, everyone knowing you, your family and what you're up too. I suppose being a member of the "Scott" family doesn't help. I love my family and all they have been through to achieve what they have, but i feel i need to make my own way in the world.

Arriving at the rivercourt, i take a seat on the bench overlooking the water. I look over at this little doll next to me, it has been a whole of 4 hours since i have gotten Liam, and already I'm exhausted. I honestly take my hat off to teen moms who are also at school, this really is no joke.

This is my senior year. Soon it will be winter break and before I know it I will be graduating. And hopefully be making the big jump to New York. It's been my dream for forever! I've been there once and I cannot wait to live there. Theo was unexpected. He has such big dreams himself. And I have no doubt he will achieve those goals. I know that it's a long shot that anything might happen between us, even though I feel like something could happen. I have never felt like this about someone. It's no longer about the project; his daily messages have become less about asking how Liam is and more about how I am. I know that he is seeing mike today, and that they are training hard for the up and coming games. He knows that I am currently at rivercourt. After dinner he sent me a message saying how his parents couldn't stop saying nice things about me. I think my parents are also noticing a change in me. Since Sunday, dad has been asking non-stop about him and is actually going to the game this Friday. Not as a scout but as an interested basketball fan.

Smiling to myself, I realize I've been day dreaming longer than I have been working out.

Quickly getting to it, I do an hour workout to help clear my mind.

Once finished I sit down for a breather. It really is such a beautiful place.

I stay at the river for another 20 minutes before i get a message from my mom asking where i am.

Taking a deep breath, i look at Liam wondering what exactly this year is going to hold.

                                                            ----------------------------------