Chapter 3

Erika's POV
Welp, I guess I'm tutoring jake now. He's a nice kid tbh. It's now 9th period (the last period) and I'm walking to Bryan's locker to talk to him. As I approach I can see him tense up. I wrap my around around him and hug him.

E) hey babe *smiles*
B) hi
E) *sighs* what's wrong?
B) who was that kid? *gets pissed*
E) Bryan, Dont worry. He's new. Our principal asked me to help him out this week.
B) I saw the way he looked at you.
E) *sighs* see you at my house at 10?

Bryan nods, and I kiss him goodbye. The bell just rang, and I go to Jakes last class to find him. As I wait outside I notice he already made friends with the group: Lance , Anthony, & Grayson

Jakes POV
I dap up the boys and I spot Erika outside waiting for me. I smile, and I catch up to her.

J) your house right?
E) yes, just come in my car. I'll drive *smiles*

On the way out I notice everyone staring at us. Me and Erika walk outside and reach her car. I hop into the passenger seat.

E) you like it here so far? *smiles*
J) yeah, I do miss my friends though.
E) well I saw you talking to the guys, they're great guys to be around.
J) yeah, but so did my other friends at westlake.

I notice her pause and look at me before starting the car.

E) jake, no they weren't. I've heard about the stuff that you'd do.
J) ...
E) and don't worry, I'll never judge you. I'm always here to talk.

Erika's POV
We arrive at my house, and i introduce jake to my dad.

E) hey dad, this is Jake. He's my friend.
D) Jake Paul?
J) Yes sir.

I notice my dad staring him up and down, and not I'm a good way.

E) well, we're gonna go upstairs now.
D) *sighs* be careful.

I grab Jakes bag from him, and hangs it on my door. I let him sit at my desk, and I help him with all of his homework.

E) Jake, focus *chuckles*
J) Math sucks *laughs*

Jakes POV
All a sudden, we go 5 minutes without saying a word. Just pure silence. I notice her staring at me and smiling.

J) Is your mom at work?

I notice her tearing up.

J) I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-
E) it's fine. She passed away earlier this year in January. It's been really hard on our whole family *tears up*

I immediately hug her. I felt so bad. I had no clue what had happened.

J) I'm sorry Erika, I'm sure she's so proud of you.
E) *sighs* yeah.

Jakes POV
As we're talking, we hear a knock on Erika's door.

B) Erika! I'm here!

She quickly signals me to get into the closet. I cover myself in the clothes hanging so he can't see me.

Erika's POV
I quickly grab Jakes bag and hides it under my bed. I throw on pajamas to make it seem like im sleeping.

E) hold on I'm coming!
B) you ok?

I open the door, and Bryan hugs me. He takes off his bag and lays on my bed. I lay on top of him and play with his hair.