Chapter 27

Jakes POV
My heart is beating like crazy. I walk up to Shannon's door, and I knock. Rocky greets me at the door.

R) listen douchebag, you have no longer than an hour. if you lay any hands on her ever again we will call the police.
J) o-okay..

I walk in, and I look around for erika. I notice Shannon sitting at the kitchen table on her phone.

S) shes in the guest room

I walk to the room Shannon pointed to, and I knocked. My heart is beating like crazy.

E) who is it?
J) jake.. *gulps*

She tells me to come in. As I walk in, she's laying on her stomach on her phone, she didn't even look at me.

J) h-hey..
E) ....
J) I'm really sorry e-erika. I know there's nothing I can do to fix what I've done this week. I just want to let you know you'll never have to look at my disgusting face anymore. You won't ever have to deal with my shit. You won't ever have to worry about me ever again. and I'm not coming back *tears up*
E) jake- *sighs*
J) I hurt you erika. Mentally, and physically. Your amazing. You got me into this amazing school, you were there for me even when I felt like dying, or even tried to die *tears up*
E) jake.. I know what you did this morning.

She sits up and looks at me, intensely.

J) w-what? *gulps*
E) cocaine? Hm? What did you promise NOT to do? *raises voice*
J) erika it's just been so hard for me *sighs*
E) hard for you? Are you insane? I was the one cheated on, TWICE jake. TWICE. *tears up*

I'm speechless. I didn't realize she was this upset.

J) I-I'm sorry *tears up*
E) where are you leaving to
J) back to Miami.
E) oh GrEAt because that's an awesome place to go especially after everything.
J) eri-
E) yeah to go have sex with girls that actually fill ur needs hm? *tears up*
J) stop putting words in my mouth and assuming shit *raises voice*
E) assume?! That's what you've done throughout our whole relationship.
J) I'm sorry, I love you erika. I'll go now *tears up*

Erika's POV
I point to the door, and motion for him to leave. I watch as he walks out, and tears fill my eyes. I just can't with him anymore.

- 2 days later -

Jakes POV
Today is my last day at school, and I'm going to finish school online this year. I just can't bare to be around nor near erika anymore. I get dressed, and I look in the mirror. My eyed are red and puffy. Here's what I'm wearing:

I get my in my car, and head to school

I get my in my car, and head to school. I take a deep breath and get out of my car. As I walk in everyone is staring at me. Everyone saw the video. I grab everything out of my locker, but then I notice that one picture of erika and I:

 I grab everything out of my locker, but then I notice that one picture of erika and I:

I tear up. And I notice erika and the group walk by. none of them look at me, but then someone taps my shoulder. I turn around, and it's drew.

D) hey man, I heard and saw what happened. Hope your okay *sighs*
J) thanks man, it's been hard *tears up*

Drew daps me up, and hands me his phone.

D) give me ur number, I wanna stay in touch *smiles*

I type in my number, and drew walks off. I walked into 1st period late.

T) Mr.paul, late on your last day?
J) sorry.. just got caught talking to a friend *sighs*
T) it's fine, have a seat.

And that's when I realized, the only seat that was left was next to erika. I sit down, and I look at her. She won't even look at me

Erika's POV
Jake sat right next to me.. I decided this was my chance.

*whispering*
E) when you leave, please stay in touch? *tears up*
J) ....
E) please?
J) erika.. I hurt you. that's why I'm leaving to begin with. and after everything you said, something tells me you have no interest to talk to me.
E) I'm sorry. But I hope you realize why I've been so upset *sighs*
J) meet me at your car during lunch?
E) I guess

- skip to lunch -

I walk out to my car, and I see jake already waiting. He gets in the passenger seat, and I sit in the drivers seat. We sit in silence.

E) y-you know- I'm terrified of you now? *tears up*
J) im so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. To be honest, that morning I did a lot of cocaine *tears up*
E) j-jake-
J) I know that I promised you. I know that. But after being in a coma, and loosing the love of my life, life just isn't worth living.
E) jake. I know you mean well, you always have. But I just can't do this with you anymore. I literally fell in love with the bad guy.
J) I'm sorry, I never, never meant to hurt you. And to answer your question, of course I'll stay in contact- as a friend. Maybe some day, maybe, just maybe things will work out. But right now, neither of us are ready for this. I literally am in love with you. Together or not, I'll always love you. Wether it's as a friend, or as the love of my life. Even when I'm down in Miami, fucking up my life- ill still text you to make sure your okay.
E) jake, I forgive you. I just hope you learned from this. And your right- some day I hope our paths cross again. I love you, I always have. Just please, please be safe. No drugs- even tho I know u will. Okay?

I hug him tightly, not wanting to let go. He then holds my hands.

J) I promise.

We take a pause.

E) will you be back for graduation?
J) maybe.
E) if you do, please let me know *smiles*
J) for sure *smiles*

We get out of the car, and I hug him again- not wanting to let go. We pull back, both with tears in our eyes.

E) I'll miss you, my bad guy *tears up*