Chapter 8

Jakes POV
I look out, and I see Bryan coming into the hallway. Grayson pulls me off of erika, and grabs onto me as Bryan comes in. We make eye contact, and he spits on me. I get out of Graysons grip, & I shove him against the wall. I spit in his face, and I slap him. He grabs my neck, and I twist him backwards. Anthony grabs Bryan, and the principal comes running down.

P) BOYS STOP!

Grayson pins me down so I can't go at Bryan. The principal drags Bryan & I down to his office. He pulls Bryan in first, & then me.

P) Mr.Paul, are you aware this isn't westlake?
J) yes sir.
P) we do NOT allow fighting in any form do you understand?
J) yes, I'm sorry.
P) Bryan said you attacked him for no reason, is that true?
J) no. The only reason I went after him is because he physically hurt erika.
P) Erika Costell?
J) yes, even ask her.

The principal calls Erika down, and she sits beside me.

P) Ms.Costell elaborate on what happened with Bryan.
E) We went out to the football field because he wanted to talk to me. I broke up with him, because he's been physically & mentally abusing me. As I went to walk away, he twisted my wrist, and slapped me. I didn't want to tell jake, because I knew he'd defend me.
P) has bryan hit you before?
E) y-yes *tears up*
P) I'll talk to Bryan. And I can assure you, he will not do it again. Jake, thank you for defending your friend. But next time, don't make it physical understood?
J) no promises sir. I will not allow some guy to abuse women the way he does *sighs*

Erika's POV
The principal tells Jake and I to go back to class, and jake doesn't get in trouble. Bryan is sitting in the office, and makes eye contact with us. I notice jake tense up, so I grab his hand and quickly pulls him out of the office. We make our way back to lunch, without saying anything to eachother.

J) Erika wait
E) yeah? *sighs*
J) can I still come over later? *smiles*
E) your coming over everyday jake, no need to ask *smiles*

I hug jake, and the bell rings so we head to gym.

- after school -

Jakes POV
After 9th period, I walk over to Erika's locker. I see her and all the girls with Grayson and Anthony. I walk over to erika and put my arms around her waist. The whole group looks at us.

S) ooou erika has a boyfriend?
C) damn jakey get your girl *laughs*
E) shut up *smiles*
G) damn bro, y'all cute.
A) jake defended his girl. That's boyfriend material *laughs*
J) guys we're not together *smiles*

I look down at erika, and I see her smiling.

G) yo jake, I'll drive you home?
J) I'm actually going to Erika's house
R) ooo Erika gonna get summmm
E) rocky stop
A) Ight, jake come with Grayson and I, we'll drive you.

I hug erika, and unlock our hands. I walk out with the boys to graysons car. I get in the passenger seat, and Anthony is in the back.

A) dude you can tell us anything
G) yeah. You and Erika dating? Or just a little fling?
J) Idk tbh
A) well do you like her? Like more than a friend?
J) yeah *smiles*
G) she's into you man. Eventually you gotta make a move before someone else gets their hands on her.
J) Erika and I have known eachother for a month now, and she's awesome. Today was the first time her and I ever expressed our attraction.

Grayson pulls into Erika's driveway, and pats my back.

G) go get your girl *smiles*
A) if you need advice, hit us up bro *laughs*
J) fuck you Anthony *smiles*

I walk up Erika's driveway, and I see her waiting in the doorway. I remember that I have my juul pod in my pocket, so I quickly shove it into my backpack. I go to hug her, but instead she presses her lips against mine. All a sudden I hear something drop on the floor, and it's my juul pod. I quickly try to kick it but she grabs it.

E) what the fuck
J) Erika I-
E) is this what I Think it is?
J) n-
E) don't lie to me
J) yeah *sighs*

Erika's POV
I grab it, and throw it across the road.

J) why the fuck did you jus-
E) I better not catch you with one of those ever again *stares down jake*