Chapter 14

Jakes POV
After we finishing eating, we headed upstairs to Erika's room. She went to go shower, and I layed back on her bed. She left her phone on her desk, so I decided to look at her pictures. As I'm scrolling I see all the ones we took in the bathroom today, so I airdrop them to my phone. As I get further up, I see old pictures of her and Bryan. That guy is a dick. But anyway, I scroll to January 2019, and I see pictures of her mom in the hospital. My heart dropped. She has mentioned about her mother's passing, but I've never known much about it. And went I go to turn off her phone, I notice her wallpaper. It's a picture of me and her from earlier. I put her phone back and I go on mine. I scroll thru Instagram, and I notice a lot of notifications. I see that Erika tagged me in a post, pictures of me & her. Damn she's cute.

Erika's POV
After I shower, I change into sweat pants and a black hoodie. I walk out into my room and I see jake on his phone. I see him smiling.

E) why are you smiling? *laughs*
J) oh I saw your post *smiles*

I turn off the lights and lock the door. I turn on the tv, and turn on a random movie. I walk over to jake, and he puts his hands around my thighs. I get on top of him, and I smash my lips against his.

J) we still gonna do it? *smirks*

I start to kiss his neck. I run my hands down his v-line. We both start to take off our clothes.

- the next morning -

Jakes POV
I hear Erika's alarm go off, and I wake her up. I get ready and put on ripped jeans and my black long sleeve with my chain. Erika gets up, and gets ready and stuff. I grab her bag and I wait downstairs.

Erika's POV
I put on ripped jeans, with a yellow crop top and off white vans. I get ready and head down stairs.

J) wanna walk?
E) sure *smiles*

Jake grabs my hand, and we head out for school. On the way there we just talk about the upcoming season. I start practicing next month, in November. Recently it's been so warm here in Ohio- like its weird. It's currently October 15th, and last night I was thinking about dressing up with jake for Halloween. The girls usually do it with Grayson & Anthony, and yeah I did it with Bryan. Our whole group usually goes to Graysons Halloween party every year.

E) so what are your plans for Halloween?
J) haven't thought much of it. Normally the boys and I go take candy from kids *laughs*
E) are you serious
J) no I'm joking *laughs*

I punch Jakes shoulder.

E) well every year the group dresses up and goes to graysons Halloween party, so what should we be?
J) hmmm I should be a sexy bat duo
E) omg yes *laughs*

Jakes POV
We arrive at school, and everyone is looking at us. We go to our lockers and head to class. I hear bryan coming up behind us- apparently he didn't get suspended. And for some reason he daps up erika. I thought only guys did that?

B) yo erika
E) what's up?
B) you comin' to the football tryouts?
E) well I think Jakes trying out, right jake?
J) uh yeah
B) oh that's cool. I'll see you there then. Good luck bro.

He reaches his hand out to me for a hand shake. I decline and he walks away. Erika notices.

E) just be nice.
J) kinda hard when he abused my girlfriend don't you think?
E) yeah but just be civil. I told him to cut the shit. At least try to make shit work.

- at the football tryouts -

I put all of my gear on, and I head out. I see erika sitting in the bleachers with the girls. This football season will only have 5 games this year because we're starting late. It's perfect because I'll start practicing on Sunday's for baseball in December.

Erika's POV
The girls are all talking, but I'm focused on jake.

R) Erika are you alive?
S) RIK
E) hm?
C) girls she's watching her new boyfriend *smiles*
E) how'd you know?
C) well we all saw your Instagram post *laughs*

The Instagram post:

The past couple months have been a ride, but at the end of it all I found the love of my life

The past couple months have been a ride, but at the end of it all I found the love of my life. I'm glad I can finally call you my boyfriend. I love you 💗