Chapter 9

Erika's POV
I pull out my phone, and I pull up Jakes public offense records and list them off. He was shocked

E) hmm let's see. You've been charged with robbery, possession of drugs, fighting, smoking marijuana in public, and you have 15 fights on your record. Care to explain?

Jakes POV
I'm so confused. I didn't even know you could see that shit online.

J) how the hell did you find that
E) I have my ways. Now explain.
J) I don't need to explain myself to you *gets pissed*
E) well there's a door behind your for a reason then

I pause for a second, and I take a deep breath.

J) Erika, everyone makes mistakes.
E) that many times? *rolls eyes*

I Don't even say anything, we stand in silence for a bit.

E) you better clean up your act, I won't be around someone who is constantly getting into trouble.

I can feel the anger building up inside of me. Who is she to tell me what I can and can't do? I get she's looking out for me, but she's not my fucking mother.

J) you know what? your NOT my mother *gets pissed*
E) get out, NOW.

Erika's POV
I'm so mad right now. I grab Jakes arm and motion to the door. He just stands there.

E) if you wanna raise your voice, get the hell out of my house.
J) you don't know half of what I've been through. You don't even know me. If you actually knew me, you'd understand why I've done what I've done.
E) either way, it's not an excuse.
J) and fun fact, every single fight I've been in was because I was defending someone I care about. So if you don't know all of the facts, don't act like you do.

He slams the door behind him, and walks down the driveway. Tears start coming down my face. He's not the guy I thought he was.

Jakes POV
I start walking down her driveway. I turn around for a second, and face her house. I see her standing in the window watching me. I put my head down and walk home. As I'm walking home, a car pulls up.

A) yo jake! Get in

I get in Anthony's car, and he can tell something's wrong. We sit in silence, and I look out the window.

A) dude what happened?
J) we got into a fight.
A) about what?
J) my past records.
A) oh damn. Are they actually that bad?
J) yeah *sighs*

Anthony drives me home. As I get to my door, I get a text from Anthony and Kade. Their parents bailed them out.

K) yo yo, party at mine. The parents just left for the weekend.
C) bet, what time?
K) now.
C) Ight on my way
J) bet, I'm coming.

Jakes POV
I run to chances house that's down the street. When I walk up the driveway I see hundreds of people here. Even people from starpoint. I play a game of beer pong, and the next thing yk I'm drunk.

Chances POV
When I watch into the kitchen I see jake making out with a girl. We all start recording and we put it on Snapchat and tag them.

C) GET IT JAKEE

The next thing yk, they went up into the guest room. I won't go into detail, but I'll just say we heard some shit.

- the next day -

Erika's POV
I wake up in the morning, and my phone is going off like fucking crazy. I look at my notifications, and it's all from Snapchat. I open them, and people are sending me chances story, aka Jakes friend. I take a deep breath, and open it. It's a video of jake making out with some girl. And the caption is Lmaoo they just went into the guest room. Jakey is gettin' summ 😂. I immediately freeze. I throw my phone onto the other side of my bed and get ready for school. I go into school, and I see jake at his locker. I put my head down and walk right past him. The whole group comes over to my locker, including jake. He says away from me, and stands behind Grayson with his head down.

R) Heyy Erika
E) Heyy *fake smiles*
G) did you and jake smash yesterday? *laughs*

I see Anthony give Grayson a shove.

G) no answer?
J) don't worry Grayson, I'll answer you *looks at erika*