Chapter 24

Jakes POV
wow. I've now lost everyone. all of my friends, and even my amazing girlfriend. I run home, and thank god my mother isn't home. I run in and Logan is though, I sneak in and I run to my bathroom. I grab a razor and run it down my wrist I keep cutting. I just can't anymore. I don't wanna be here anymore. I grabbed the same razor, and cut down my other arm too. A couple minutes later, I collapsed onto the floor.

Logan's POV
I was getting a water, but then I hear a loud noise from Jakes room. I quickly run up, and I see him laying on the floor, and bloods is everywhere. I notice his wrists. I quickly call 911 and I preform cpr. I'm crying my eyes out. They finally came, and rushed jake to the hospital. I was debating calling erika, but knowing jake- that's probably the reason he did this to begin with. I sit in the waiting room, and the doctor calls me.

Dr) jake Paul?

I get up and rush over to him.

L) how is he.
Dr) well...
L) just tell me!! *tears up*
Dr) he's alive. But he's in a coma. He must've lost a lot of blood, and hit his head super hard.

I fall down onto the floor, with my hands on my head. The doctor pats my back, and kneels down in front of me.

Dr) don't you worry. We will do everything we can to save your brother. You can see him tomorrow, we're not done with the testing. Don't stress.

I quickly call mom. she comes rushing in. She talks to the doctor and we leave. I need to tell erika. But I cant. What if she's the only way he can get better? But what if she makes it worse?

- the next day -

Erika's POV
It's 1st period, and there's no sign of jake. Thank god. Shannon sits next to me. She looks worried.

E) what's wrong?
S) havent you heard? *sighs*
E) heard what?

Im so confused at this point.

S) nows not the time, I'll talk to you about it at lunch.

Okay? What could possibly be so bad that she can't tell me now?

- 4 periods later -

Shannon's POV
the girls and I saw Logan's post. Clearly erika didn't. Everyone in school knows. Idk how to break it to her, that her boyfriend is in the hospital, dying.

Erika's POV
It's now lunch, and the girls told me to meet them at the back table. When I sat down they all looked worried. Everyone has been giving me weird looks all day so idk, jake probably ran his mouth with lies.

S) erika, if jake is your boyfriend how do u no-
E) we broke up *tears up*

I see the girls exchange worried looks.

E) what?! Why are you acting so weird!
R) erika...
S) jake is in the hospital.
E) okay and?

It went into pure silence. Everyone in the cafeteria was looking at us because I'm talking so loud.

S) j-jake is in a coma *looks down*

Rockys POV
Erika just stands there in shock. But then she grabs her bag and runs out. We all chase her. We watch as she gets in her car and and drives off.

Logan's POV
I'm in Jakes hospital room, just sitting there hoping he wakes up. But then the doctor comes in.

Dr) logan, jake has a visitor. May she come in?

Fuck. It's erika.

L) uhm no, I need to talk to her outside first.
Dr) alright.

I get up and walk outside. I see erika, and she walks over to me.

E) how is he?! Is he okay?!
L) erika, you should leave.
E) lo-
L) idk what happened between you two, but your the reason he's laying in that hospital bed in a coma.

I stand in shock as Logan's words repeated in my head. your the reason he's laying in that hospital bed in a coma. your the reason he's laying in that hospital bed in a coma. All a sudden I felt dizzy.

L) I-I I'm sorry erika.
E) logan, jake cheated on me *tears up*

Logan wraps his arms around me, and pulls me into a hug. fuck, I have practice tonight too.

E) can I see him after practice?
L) not a good idea. I'll text you updates.

I quickly run to my car and go home. I get dressed into my softball uniform. We're doing a scrimmage against NT tonight. When I arrive, all the girls walk up to me and pulls me into a hug.

Before I continue, I do realize that softball isn't popular in some places. typically you need 9 to field a team, but teams normally have 12 girls. This information will come in handy later in the book! Anyway back to the story :)

Team) are you okay?

- after practice -

I decided I'm gonna go to Shannon's house and stay there for a while, especially with everything going on. We're mainly talking about softball szn because it's now almost March, and it'll start in the first week of April.

S) do you think jake will be able to play by then?
E) depends on if he's even awake *tears up*