Chapter 19

Jakes POV
When I entered the room, Erika's eyes widened. I sat down in the chair beside her bed, and I hold her hand.

J) hi *sighs*
E) why are you here? *tears up*
J) I just wanted to check up on u. I heard about what happened erika *tears up*
E) yeah well I hope you life great in Miami, with your new girlfriend

How the hell did she know?

J) Erika, that doesn't matter right now.
E) yes it does *tears up*
J) why do you even care about what I'm doing? We broke up 2 months ago.

Erika's POV
Why the hell is he here. I feel like my heart stops. I start to cry, and jake just stares at me.

E) I hope your happy, I hope your happy that your ex girlfriend tried killing herself because of you *sobs*
J) eri-

I motion to the door. He doesn't leave.

Jakes POV
I feel like somebody just stabbed me, right thru my heart. I can't believe- that she tried drowning herself because of me. I feel a tear fall from my eyes. I immediately look down, not letting go of her hand.

J) I'm not leaving you, ever again *tears up*
E) you already did

I grip her hand tighter, but gently.

J) Erika, I honestly didn't realize how much I hurt you.
E) what did you expect? I didn't even do anything and you just.. left.
J) but you know why I left erika-
E) left your girlfriend? No.

I kiss her forehead and I walk out of the room.

J) I'm leaving.
A) already?
J) I'm the reason she fucking tried to kill herself *tears up*

I walk away, leaving Anthony in shock. I get back in the Uber, and I go to my parents house. I grab my bags and thank him. I take a deep breath and I walk in. I see logan & my mom.

J) hey...

Logan hugs me. My mom doesn't. She's mad at me, I know she is.

J) I'm sorry. I should go-
L) don't. I'm coming with you *smiles*
P) pack your shit and leave *sighs*
J) mom-
P) just do it *tears up and walks away*

Logan just shrugs. He packs his bags and we leave.

- 1 week later -

Erika's POV
wow, it's been an eventful week. Rn I'm just laying in bed. Anthony offered to stay with me.. to make sure I was okay. I honestly, really like him. He comes over to my bed and lays next to me. I wrap my arms around him, and lay my head on his chest.

A) I'm so glad your okay.
E) me too *smiles*

Anthony's POV
I'm really falling for this girl.. honestly. She's so strong, it amazes me everyday. I lift up her chin so she's looking at me. I wanted to kiss her so bad. All a sudden she smashes her lips against mine. It gets more heated, and i grab a condom from her drawer and put it on.

Jakes POV
All I can think about is erika. So i decided to post on Instagram:

 So i decided to post on Instagram:

Miami 📍 // @andrewblue

My phone rings, and it's Logan.

J) yo
L) you need to look at erika Instagram. Like ASAP.

I hang up, and I go to Erika's Instagram and I see a post with her and some guy.

Erika's Instagram post:

Shot by @anthonytrujilo love you babe ❤️

She's- shes- dating Anthony?! I threw my phone across my room. I wanted to cry. But I deserve this. I really do. I grabbed my phone and found her contact in my phone. I take a deep breath, and I send her a text.

*text messages*

J) hey erika. It's me jake. I just want you to know I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I really didn't. You deserve so much more than I gave you, and I'm sure Anthony can provide you with that. If you ever need anything, I'm here forever and always.

Erika's POV
Last night Anthony asked me out. And we're heading to Miami for winter break. We get to our hotel room, and do the usual- unpack. SO fUn. But I'm actually really happy right now.

- 2 hours later -

A) babe are you ready? Grayson & Shannon are almost here!
E) yes I'm coming!

———————-
Hey guys! It's Alissa! I've been working my ass off on this book, and we're #6 on #jerika! Thank you! Thank you sososo much! It feels great to be writing again. Be sure to follow my Instagram, @aspiregray! Lemme know what you think so far. I'm so proud of this book. Btw, my plan is to have 50+ chapters, but I don't wanna do too many chapters because then it'll just make the ending boring lmao. Anyway, I love you guys!!