Chapter Four

"So how come you never told us that you have a sister?", Bryan asks.

"I just wanna protect her, yknow? I get enough hate, it would kill me if she got harassed like I do.", he tells them.

What a lier.

"I know what you mean. I would do the same.", Bryan tells him. "So, Melody, tell us about yourself."

"Um well my name is Melody Annalise Hall, I was born three minutes after Kyle therefore I was obviously born on the same day as him, also making me the same age as him. And thats all there really is to me. I'm not that interesting."

They all look at me, almost as if they were surprised.

"What?", I ask.

"Thats the most I've ever heard you talk in one time proximity. And I live with you.", Kyle says.

"I've never had anybody to talk to before."

"Hold up. You've never talked to anybody except Kyle before?", Johnnie asks.

"No... Just him and our parents... I've never been allowed and I've never really wanted to anyways.", I say. "I'm going to leave now. Goodnight."

I walk back into mine and Kyle's hotel room and shut the door behind me. I then proceed to take my makeup off and get in my pyjamas, putting my (Kyle's) sweater back on after I do so. After that I reach into my bag and grab my phone charger plugging in my phone before drifting off to sleep.

I am awakened rudely to somebody hitting me in the face. I turn over and see Kyle sleeping soundly next to me. I sigh and get up, watching him take up the rest of the bed.

The lil shit.

I look over to the door to see that a light is on and after using my phone flashlight and the mirror to make sure my hair looks okay I open it to reveal Johnnie sitting on his bed with his phone in hand and a lamp on, with Bryan nowhere in sight.

"H-Hey.", I manage to say after closing the door quietly.

"Oh hey. I didn't see you there. Can't sleep?" I shake my head and sit down across from him on the bed.

"Me neither. Bryan went to somewhere with his cousin but he said he'll be back by morning, but I worry, yknow? He can be really stupid sometimes.", I nod again. "Why can't you sleep?"

"Kyle took up the whole bed. And he smacked me in the face in the process. Accidentally of course.", I tell him quietly.

"You can crash in here with me if you want. The loneliness is killing me and I sleep like a pencil.", he laughs.

"I'd like that.", I sorta smile.

He pats the pillow closest to the door and I lay down, getting under the covers. He plugs his phone in and turns off the light before laying next to me. I turn to face him and he pushes a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"You really are beautiful, Mel. I hope you know that.", he tells me.

I don't say anything, instead I move closer to him and nuzzle my head into his neck and do something I haven't done in a while.

I cry.

He slowly wraps his thin arms around me and pulls me closer, rubbing my back comfortably.

And for the first time in my life,
I feel like I'm not completely alone.