Chapter Twelve

"I'm sorry about ear-"

"It's fine, stop talking about it, we're over with it."

Theres a long silence.

"When I die, someday soon probably, I want you to speak at my funeral.", I begin. "Maybe even sing a song. I know it won't be long until I die, I can feel it slowly creeping up on me. Within the next few years probably. I want you, my first ever actual friend, somebody I trust, to speak at my funeral. Can you do that for me please?", I ask, a few tears falling down my face.

He looks at me for a moment.

"O-Of course I will, Mel.", he says.

"I just.... I know that I'm gonna die soon. And I want you to be prepared. I'm going to start planning the funeral as soon as we get home. I don't want Kyle and our parents to have to stress over me when I'm not even alive anymore.", I manage to choke out, tears spilling from my eyes.

He doesn't say anything, instead he just stands up and pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you, Johnnie.", I barely whisper.

He remains silent, and just simply holds me. Which is all I need right now.

He pulls away from the hug
and puts his hands on my shoulders, slowly sliding off my sweater.

I close my eyes.

Tears fall faster down my face when I hear the sweater drop to the floor.

Scars, there are so many scars. Small, circular-shaped scars up both of my arms.

He tilts my chin up. I open my eyes to see his amazing blue ones, not paying attention to the tears running down his face.

"You are so beautiful, Melody Annalise Hall. So fucking beautiful.", he says, barely audible, bringing his hand up to cup my cheek.

He then leans down and kisses me, gently and slowly, yet filled with so much love that it could save every failing marriage in North America, and thats when I knew that I was falling in love, for the first time in my terribly short life.