Chapter Thirty-Two

=MELODY'S POV=

The familiar beep of a heart monitor fills my ears, an oxygen mask forcing me to inhale and exhale.

I haven't opened my eyes because of the simple fear of opening them and seeing nothing but cement walls and masked figures looking down at me.

I hear sobbing that I know belongs to the only one I've ever heard cry, apart from myself.

"Johnnie...", I whisper, barely audiable.

"Melody?! Melody oh my God you're alive.", he says, his voice cracking.

"I'm alive.", I whisper, keeping my eyes closed. The corners of my mouth turn up slightly.

I never thought I'd be glad to be alive. My life's been a complete rollercoaster, and not a fun one. The kind that makes you fear that your cart might fall off the tracks and that you will die. The kind that makes you want to never step foot in an amusement park ever again.
That was until I found something to love for.

Johnnie had saved me from my self-destruction. He showed me what its like to live, what its like to have no worries, what its like to feel wanted. Until I met Johnnie, I had none of those factors in my life.

He saved me, and I'm going to save him.

I have a purpose in this world now, a goal, a resolution, whatever you want to call it.

Its to do to Johnnie what he's done to me; allow me to live my life carefree and happily.

Like I said before, I can tell when I'm going to die, and today is not it. I refuse to give up until I have completed my self-given task.

Its time to wake up.

Its time to continue living my life with these brand new eyes of mine that I have discovered.

Its time to be fearless.

I open my eyes and they come into direct contact with not Johnnie's, not my mother's and not my father's.

They're Kyle's.