Chapter Thirty

Anthony came back with our drinks and took our orders then left again, staring at me the whole time (which made me highly uncomfortable.

"I'm gonna go get some fresh air, I'll be right back.", I say, getting up and walking towards the enterance.

As I'm walking towards the doors, somebody grabs my arm and pulls me into a room while covering my mouth.

"Don't scream! Please don't scream.", I hear the familiar voice of Anthony (our waiter, in case you forgot) beg.

A light turns on and Anthony lets me go. I turn around and look at him.

"What the fuck do you want?", I hiss.

"You don't remember me, do you, Melody?", he asks, disappointment in his voice.

"No, no I don't. Who the hell are you? Apart from the obvious. And how the hell do you know who I am?"

He sighs and looks at me with a 'seriously' look on his face.

I look at him and raise one of my eyebrows.

He sighs and begins to undo his tie.

"What are you doing?!"

"Making you remember who I am.", he says as he starts undoing the buttons on his shirt and discards it, turning around and lifting his hair, revealing the back of his neck.

A rose tattoo.

My hand flies up to the back of my neck, feeling where I have the same tattoo.

"Oh my God...", I whisper.

He turns back around and puts his shirt and tie back on.

"Do you remember now?", he asks.

"Yeah... Yeah I do. You're Anthony Padilla. We were companions back at the lab..."

Compainions. Two rosebuds that get chemically attached for a varied period of time. Basically we were used to be experimented on with drugs that can be used between two or more people, allowing the consumers to be able to read each others minds or communicate telepathically.

"Yeah.", he breathes. "I wasn't checking you out earlier, by the way. I just couldn't believe it was you... I haven't seen you in years. I thought I'd never see you again! You've changed a lot, I almost didn't recognize you."

"I'm sorry I forgot who you were.", I apologize, hugging him.

"It's okay. I've changed a lot too, I totally understand.", he says, hugging me back.

"Well I should be getting back... Here's my number, text me later, okay?", I say, taking his notepad and pen and writing my phone number on one of the pages.

"I will. It was nice seeing you again."

"You too. Bye, Anthony.", I say, opening the door and closing it behind me.

Anthony was unlike me. Instead of being injected, he had to ingest things, like liquified steroids and different kinds of pills. We all had that same tattoo though, the same hauntingly beautiful rose that always reminded us of who we belonged to; who we will always belong to.

I find my way back to the table and sit down just as Anthony comes with our food, but I've all but lost my appetite.

"I'm not feeling so well... I'm going to head back to the hotel. I'll see you guys later.", I say, getting up and walking out of the restaurant, running back to the hotel and up to my room.

I collapse on the bed and start crying violently, visions of my foreboding past as a companion entering my mind.

And all I can remember is blacking out before waking up in a hospital bed.