Chapter Nine

I wake up with a horrible realization.

Today's the last day of Playlist Live.

Meaning I have to go back home, where I have no contact whatsoever with the outside world.

"Hey? Are you okay?", I hear the sleepy voice belonging to Johnnie ask me.

"Yeah.", I say, getting up and pulling my sleeves down.

"I'm gonna go get dressed and stuff.", I say quietly, getting up and going into my room.

"Kyle? Kyle wake up.", I gently shake him.

"What? Whats wrong?", he asks drowsily.

"I don't wanna go home tomorrow Ky. I'm sick of being locked up and not able to live my life. I've grasped on to this little freedom and I don't want to let go.", I say, my voice hitching in my throat, and salty tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I know Mel. But we have to. Its for your own safety. It would destroy all of us if they found you again. You know that we're doing it to protect you."

"I don't need to be protected anymore, Ky! I'm almost seventeen. I need to start living my life. I can't hide for ever!"

"Do you want them to find you again Meldody?! Do you want to be put through that terror again?! Is that what you want?!", he yells at me.

Silence overtakes us like a tsunami on a beach.

He's never yelled at me before.

"Melody I'm sorry I-"

"No, Kyle. Save it.", I say, leaving the room and going into the hall after grabbing my phone.

"Hey, are you okay?", an Australian accent asks from behind me.

I turn around to see a tall male, probably the same age as me, who is very skinny and has short brown hair.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'll be fine.", I say, wiping up the tears that escaped.

"Are you sure?", he asks.

"Yeah... Positive.", I lie, faking a smile.

"Okay. I'm Troye, by the way.", he says, extending a hand out.

"Melody.", I say, taking his hand and shaking it.

"Want to go get breakfast or something? I'm starving and I don't really wanna go alone."

"Yeah sure. I'd like that."

So Troye and I get breakfast down at the buffet thing in the hotel and we get to know eachother. I found out that he's gay which explains why he has amazing fashion sense.

Eventually the buffet closes and we're forced to go back upstairs into our rooms, but we exchanged numbers first.

I enter the room quietly, but my plan quickly fails when I walk in to see Kyle and Johnnie kissing.