Chapter Twenty-Two

=JOHNNIE'S POV=

"We have to switch hotels. Mom, dad, I'll pack up in there, Johnnie you look for hotels and mom and dad... just... be civil, please.", Melody directs before going into her room to pack things up.

I find my laptop and begin to look for reasonably priced hotels, while texting Bryan and telling him whats going on.

He says he'll come pick us up and not to bother booking him anything because he'll just stay at his cousin's.
I find a decent hotel thats relatively close and not that expensive and book two rooms.

"So Johnnie.", her dad starts. I look over at him. Oh God, he's giving me the protective father look.

"Tell us a bit about yourself.

"Uh.. Well my name's Johnnie obviously, I'm seventeen and I usually live in Nebraska with my friend Bryan, but sometimes I'm with my mum in California."

"What about your father?", Mrs. Hall asks.

"He died when I was nine. Cancer."

She opens her mouth to talk but Melody comes back in before she has the chance.

"Okay in there is all cleaned up. Johnnie did you find a hotel?"

"Yes."

"Great okay. Dad you go get a luggage cart if you want, Johnnie you get your stuff packed in here, Mom you sit there and look pretty. I'm going to do a last final check around."

She's so stressed out, I hate it.

We all do what she says, it doesn't take that long, and Bryan texts me saying he's here to drive us. We all carry our own luggage, Melody has Kyle's, and meet Bryan in the lobby and pack our stuff in the car after checking out of the hotel.

"Mom, dad, this is Bryan. Bryan this is my mum and my dad."

"Hi mom and dad!", Bryan greets before climbing in the drivers seat.

We all get in the car, me in the passengers seat and Melody and her parents are in the back seat.

"Uhm the hotel is called The Funtom? On Freemont Street.", I tell him. He seems to know exactly where we're going and we get there in no time.