Chapter Twenty-One

My parents get about four hours of sleep before getting up and settling in.

"I have to go extend our stay. Who's coming to the front desk with me?", Johnnie asks.

"I'll come.", I volunteer before my parents can say a word.

We walk out the door and make sure its shut behind us before I take his hand in mine.

"What are we, Johnnie?", I ask as we get into the elevator.

"I don't know, Melody."
"Do you regret it?", I ask. "Kissing me. Do you regret doing it?"

"No. Never will I regret it."

The elevator opens and we walk out, going to the front desk quickly.

"Hi, we need to extend our stay in rooms 443 and 442."

"Okay, by how long?", the desk lady asks.

"A week please."

"Sorry, we can't go past four day extensions, but with some proper persuasion, maybe I could.", she says, biting her lip and winking at Johnnie.

"Fuck off bitch, he's mine.", I snap.

"We'll be back down in twenty minutes to check out. Goodbye."

I walk back to the elevator and Johnnie follows behind me.

"The nerve some people have these days!", I growl, pressing the floor four button.

"Call Bryan, he needs to come pick us all up. And we need to find another hotel whilst we're at it."

The rest of the ride is spent in silence.
"I'm sorry I'm being a total bitch.", I apologize when we step out of the lift.

"You're not being a total bitch. You're just mourning and stressed out. I get it. Don't worry about it, okay?"

I nod and we knock on the door because we forgot our key card. My dad opens the door and we step inside.

"We have to switch hotels. Mom, dad, I'll pack up in there, Johnnie you look for hotels and mom and dad... just... be civil, please.", I direct before going into my room to pack things up.