Prologue ✨

I was on my to the dance studio when I heard voices in the behind corner by the entrance of the gym.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FUCKING MONEY?" I heard the familiar deep and dark voice yelled to someone.

Everyone knew that voice. And if you heard it, you knew to stay away.

His name was Isaiah Thompson.

He was tall. About 6'1. He had dark thick hair. Dark blue eyes. He was extremely rich.

He had a higher and different superior than everyone. He had tattoos. He was a lady's man and all the girls wanted him.

One thing about Isaiah is you never ever stole from him. You can talk back, but you'll get it if you did. You can even fight him, which he loves , but you still get it. But when you steal from him that's a different story.

I looked at the already bloody face white boy and really hope this kid has his money because I don't want to be the one to witness a murder. Especially since Isaiah's involved.

"I-I don't h-have it. I swear Isaiah!!!" The scared voice plead.

"CHECK HIS POCKETS!" Isaiah yelled as he hovered the small boy compared to him.

Two boys who were right behind him one with a low fade hair cut and other with curly hair with the sides cut just perfectly began to check his pockets.

"Isaiah. Look." One of them said as he pulled out a lot of cash in the boys pocket.

He moved away from the boy with the broken nose now and went to the one who called him to count it.

"Well. Well. Well. I thought you didn't have my money?" He questioned with an evil laugh. "This seems just about right to me."

"I-I don't k-know how t-that g-got there-e?"

"Enough with the bullshit! If you ever steal from me again, you will regret it next time." He said as he told the one with curly hair to let him go after he punch him in the stomach once again.

He ran away out the entrance. I heard laughing coming from all three of them as he took off.

The two friends left and it was just Isaiah. Just when I was about to slowly sneak away I step on a chip that made him turn around quickly to face me.

Oh god!

He rushed over towards me and pulled me into a dark room and locked the door.

"Oh god! Please don't kill me. I wont say anything! I didn't see nothing!" I cried out as he just looked at me.

He was extremely close to me and hovered me just like the kid who stole from him.

He did a devilish laugh that sent chills down my back. He pushed my hair out the way making me gasp and forced me to look at him. He then placed both hands above me as I closed my eyes tight holding my tears.

"I'm not going to kill you! But if you say one word peasant I won't think twice about this conversation." He said as he looked at me once more and left the closet.

I let out a breathe that I didn't know I was holding. I looked out at my surroundings making sure I was good. Then walked out.

I can't believe that just happened to me. I was close to my car when principal Hawkins called.

"Natalie?"

"Yes, principal Hawkins?" I turned around to look at him as he spoke.

"I need a favor. I will need you to quit tutoring other students."

"Why?" I asked because no one else was going to do it.

"There's a student in need and is about to fail and risk their future."

Aren't they all? I questioned myself.

"You will put your focus only on this student to make sure he pass with flying colors."

"I can't. I have work, school, and a dance audition coming up so I can get into college, I don't think so. Can't you find anyone else?" I explained to him.

"They asked for you!" He said getting my full attention.

"What do you mean?" I questioned because not everyone knows that I'm a tutor.

"They were notified from one of your students saying that you helped them a lot and that you were the best. Remember Jonathan Fullerton?"

I nodded slowly. "Ok. But I still have other priorities like college. I'm a senior! I can't stay focus on one student." I said still trying to prove my point.

"Sure you can. Which is why they agreed to pay you."

Now that caught my full attention.

"Please. I'll get all of your recommendations that you need from the teachers filled inna heart beat. Natalie? Your the last hope for this student. He's very smart. He just need some motivation and encouragement. Your good with that."

"I'll do it. But it has to be on my time."

"I will see what I can do! Thank you Natalie." Principal Hawkins smiled. "Here's there number so you can have a conversation over the phone. You can tell them bout the schedule and timing to them for tutor."

Mhmm.

I walked away heading to the parking lot. I got in my grey 2016 Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD and put all of my stuff in the backseat of the car. I took a breathe. Taking everything in that just happened to me before deciding to call the number of the student.

"Hello." A feminine voice answered.

"Hello. My name is Natalie—" Before I could even finish she interrupted.

"Natalie Walkins? Yes! My name is Mrs. Thompson. I'm so glad that you have decided to do this for my son."

"Yes ma'am. I will tutor him, but it will have to be on my time only. I'm available for an hour and a half. And that's only on Mondays—Tuesday's and Thursday's."

"That's that's fine. And I'm sure Principle Hawkins made aware that we'll pay you."

"Yes ma'am."

"Alright. Well you can come by the house tomorrow and we'll start. Is this the way we can keep contact you?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Alright. Here's our address..."

"Thank you. See you tomorrow."

"Ok. Bye." She said then hung up the phone.

I put the address in my notes. Which I have never heard of by-the-way.

I looked at the time on my and saw that I was about to be late for dance class.

Shit!