|6| My Own Steel

A scene shows a settlement in minor flames and some blood splattered on the walls. A lifeless person is seen laying on the ground and lantern broken and burning on the snow covered ground. Also, a demon is seen devouring a dead person on the neck. His feast was interrupted when he spotted a person with a mask and with a sword on his side. The masked person remained on his spot. The demon sprang on his feet and began attacking his new-found prey, hoping he would eat him next. However, the masked person blocked the demon's attacks with slight ease.

Having no chance, the demon retreated somewhere and hide from the attacker. Blood trickled down his bloody face from his earlier feast on the dead human. He breathed heavily when the masked person approached the demon slowly. The demon made a tactical retreat once again, hoping to escape from this masked person. He stopped to look behind him to see him not following the demon anymore.

Little did the demon know, the masked person stood on top of a roof, overlooking down on the demon. He sprang upwards. The demon heard it and turned around to be met with a slice to the neck from the masked person's sword.

Back to reality, in the demon's eyes, Tanjiro's image was replaced with a masked person that he encountered from before. This masked person is the younger version of Urokodaki.

"Urokodaki!" The demon exclaimed before he got his neck sliced off by Tanjiro. The head flew in multiple directions and landed near the tree.

"You did it!" Wind cheered from the side from witnessing Tanjiro's impressive and successful attack.

"Hmph. Way to go, Tanjiro." Lightning smirked.

"Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!" The demon cursed as he watched the remains of his body being reduced into nothing but ashes slowly. Tanjiro sheathed his sword while watching the body disintegrating.

"..." Earth stayed silent as he spectated the monster's head.

"Dammit! To think the faces of the Demon Hunters will be the last that I'll ever see..."

When Tanjiro turned to look at the demon, his face isn't filled with malice nor with satisfaction. It's filled with sadness.

"How did it come to this?"

"I'm so scared. I'm so alone." In his mind-set, his human form cried into a void of darkness surrounding him.

"Brother, where are you? I want you to hold my hand. Like you always do!"

Tanjiro slowly walked over to the demon's decaying body. The only body that hasn't reduce to ashes yet is the hand.

"Why on earth did I bite you to death, big brother?"

"Huh?" His human face was no longer there and instead, it was replaced with a demon's version of it.

"Wait, who's this 'Brother' person?"

Tanjiro got up in front of the demon's hand. A somber expression presented on his face.

"You're doing what I think you're doing, huh?" Earth whispered to Tanjiro.

"What a sad scent." He did what Earth and the others didn't expect and hold onto the demon's hand with both hands. The hand's fingers then tightened. The demon teared up after seeing the act. The demon's head already faded.

"Tanjiro..." Earth said in a low whisper. His split forms only watched in silence.

"God, please..." Tanjiro started praying while bringing the hand to his forehead. The demon, in the void of darkness, stood up when he saw a light in a distance.

"The next time this man is reborn. Please make sure he doesn't turn into a demon."

The demon ran into the light which turned out to be his brother holding a lantern and walking. "Brother! Brother! Hold my hand, will you?"