|14| Something More Important Than Life

It had been like an hour since they have stumbled upon this abandoned. It turns out it wasn't an abandon household and is actually a territorial boundary for demons that seeks shelter from the sun. It's purpose is probably to lure in traveling folks into thinking this is a safe haven in the middle of the dense forest. In actuality, the method is overused and has been successful so far. Demons would do anything they can to stuff their bellies with. That or just with force no matter if it's daylight or the break of dusk. Desperation is the start of a new adrenaline seeker.

Inside of the house, Zenitsu carried an unconscious lightning elemental BoBoiBoy on his back and lightly jogged their way to someplace where they can find Tanjiro and the others. Shoichi is seen keeping up Zenitsu's pace while at the same time making sure Lightning isn't going to fall off on Zenitsu anytime.

His thoughts run on Zenitsu. At first, he was basically a coward, always cowering away from danger even clinging onto a person who is younger than him. Zenitsu proved him wrong by doing his technique on a demon and saved Lightning from an immenent demise. However, Zenitsu didn't know it was his own doing and Shoichi kept this from him to avoid making Zenitsu doubting his ability.

"Where are you, guys?" Zenitsu huffed and continued on with their search. 'I can still hear that creepy sound. Just be safe and sound, guys!'"Um, Zenitsu?" Shoichi questioned. "Is it just me, or are we just going around and around in circles?"

"I knew it!" Zenitsu said and they both stopped to catch their breath. "I was getting the same feeling! Shoichi, I knew I could count on you!"

He ran his eyes on Lightning on his back. He didn't budge or move but he can hear his slight breathing. "You'll be alright, BoBoiBoy! The least I can do is to make sure you'll make out alright!"

Although this is entirely false. Lightning hadn't done much except fending himself against the demon. Shoichi inner debated if he should tell Zenitsu what really happen but his other side won the argument and let himself stay silent in the meantime.

"All right, could you check to see if this room is safe?" Zenitsu asked the shorter boy. Shoichi should have protest but seeing him carrying Lightning on his back would make him harder to do some tasks. Nodding his head, Shoichi lightly opened up the sliding door. His eyes vibratingly scanned inside and to his relief, nothing came out of the ordinary.

"There's nobody around." Shoichi said while sweat is pouring down his head.

"Right! Let's go this way!" Zenitsu adjusted his arms and careful not to let go of Lightning and both of them entered inside. "Tanjiro, please show up!"

Before any of them would run forward, the room flipped vertically. They didn't have time to register nor give a reaction as to how it happened.

"Th-The room... just flipped!" And just like, all of them fell. Zenitsu and Shoichi both screamed until the sliding doors automatically opened up and the final one revealed the actual outside of the house. They launched themselves out of there and crashed on the ground with a loud thud.

Zenitsu involuntarily released Lightning and that made him hit the ground on the head. The last thing Zenitsu sees is gazing at the cloud sky.

Surely, it was Kyogai that done that to flip the room around and made BoBoiBoy Earth and Tanjiro flopped everywhere. It continued for a while when Earth caught Tanjiro by his arm and spin him around to throw him to another spot that will give them some hints on what to do.