|19| A Sense of Finality

(A/N): The votes have now been placed. I appreciate the reasoning behind the answers you all have inputted and taking their time to make it. I've been reading them in my spare time and I'm happy that knowing you all want her to be spared.

Sorry for the ones who wanted the canon option. Do note this is a fic, so not every event can be followed like in the anime. There will be many changes.

I'll be honest, I was intentional letting her get killed because of her killing questionable countless of humans in the past. While I may I seem I said in the previous that I was going to choose the Spare option, I just thought it would make a difference to the story.

But many of you seem to like it, and I very much feel thankful to you all for the reads and votes this story has been going. Your comments and the votes are what motivated, inspired and encouraged me to do more of these for you guys. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Anyways, I was being sentimental for a moment there.

Please, enjoy and read.

<><><><><>

It wasn't the time to be introspective but Fire needed to have his own thoughts sorted out. Surely, he had never even spared at least one demon before. Not once. Something about the Mother Spider Demon made him go into a state full of hesitancy and doubt. Was there really a demon that had expressed their feelings and thoughts out in their most vulnerable state? Fire seemed so. Since he had her cornered and everything, she felt that her hope and chance of escaping had been reduced to zero, and she immediately accepted her imminent demise.

But yet, Fire isn't bringing himself to do it. Now that counterclaims himself as his duty of being a Demon Slayer. Their duty was to slay demons and rescue people from various danger methods constructed by them, and nothing else but that objective alone. Fire never felt an upturn feeling in his stomach before, almost as if he wants to run away from here.

The demoness sat idle in her usual sitting place on the diagonally flat rock. Her eyes wandered all over the pyrokinetic and is confused why he isn't unsheathing his blade. There was something bothering him. She can tell by the look of uncertainty in his orange eyes.

"I'm sorry." His voice tone changed, no longer containing a hint of normality but in a form of disconsolateness. "I can't..."

"W-Why...?" Her voice rose. "Why is it you can't end my life? What made you reluctant about it?"

Fire bit his lip, not because he's nervous, but the anxious feeling is swirling deep in him.

"Surely, you killed many people before, but that's because you're forced to."

Her eyes widen.

"Not because you didn't acted upon your will, but it's because you are scared from the ones who you called family will continue to hurt you if you don't follow what they say, right?"

How did he find out? He must be lying to make her sympathize with him. But again, who is she to talk? She'd lied several times, all for the sake of survival.

But here, does she now have a reason to continue with the act? Once again, she did broke down in tears in front of him. So that option is off the table.

"Yes." A straight-forward and easy answer. "I don't want to because I had to. Otherwise, they'll just find more ways to torture me if don't do what they say."

Fire wondered. Who were the ones that made her scared the most? Of course it's her so-called family but he is interested to see who torments her the most?