|24| Against Corps Rules

"Nezuko... Nezuko!" Tanjiro crawled forward to his unconscious sister. Unable to get up due to him unleashing Hinokami, the only movement control he had over himself is his arms.

Rui's slashed head fell slowly while looking at Kamado siblings and the other BoBoiBoy.

EarthQuake made a sloppy attempt to balance himself up despite being healed of his wounds. It didn't exactly recover his fatigue and he found himself collapsing back again to the ground next to Tanjiro and Nezuko.

'I'll kill them! I'll kill them! I'll kill those siblings no matter what! Siblings!'

Blaze sharpened his sword and wiped out any blood that seeped to his blade and immediately reformed back to the fallen trio. Blaze cautiously took close watch of Rui's decaying, ashened body slowly stepping to their spot with his arms outstretched at them.

"What is it that you want to do, Rui?" The fake mother, Eiko, asked to Rui in his own mind. "What do you mean by family?"

Rui, with his body fully intact, answered truthfully. "I don't know. Because I have no memories of when I was human."

"Is that why you made us pretend to be your family?" She asked then as if on cue, illusions of the previous spider family members appeared behind her, all staring at Rui.

"I thought that if I could feel a family bond, my memories would come back. The bond of a real family..."

With all these happening, his eyes stared at the Kamado siblings in front of him. Tanjiro shielding Nezuko from any further harm even if it is Tanjiro the only injured person among them.

'That's right. I...'

"Nezuko..." Tanjiro muttered and kept holding on tight on Nezuko.

'I...'

<><><><><>

Three kids at around the age of 7-10 were seen having a snowball fight. The looks of happiness spread all over their faces as they continue to throw each other the frozen projectiles of snow. One kid stood away from all the fun and looked at the spectacle in front of him.

This kid is Rui.

Rui had jet black unkempt hair like his spider demon form. He has dark purple eyes and were wide as he stared at the scene. He never knew what it feels like to have fun because he wasn't allowed outside all the time.

Rui wanted to be with the kids and experience what it is like to have fun. He tried to walk, but his frail body already gave weight and he fell on the soft snow face first. Rui coughed continuously underneath the snow until he finds the energy to roll around the snow and sets his eyes towards the sky.

He laid there for what seemed to be like an eternity for him. Later, a female voice rang in his ears and belonged to Rui's mother as she is running at him.

"Rui! Rui!" She yelled and gotten closer to him at the ground. "Rui! What are you doing?! You know you're not supposed to be outside!"

Time skipped and he is seen sitting up on his futon, contemplating on his life being weak.

'I was always very frail ever since I was born. I'd never even run. Just walking was a struggle. Until Master Muzan appeared.'

Rui sensed a presence near his side and turned to look at the first demon that had ever existed; Muzan Kibutsuji. His appearance was different compared to his present look. He is shown to be wearing a white suit and slick black hair.