|20| You Must Master A Single Thing

"ACK!" Zenitsu had felt a stinging sensation on his palm, getting the attention of a certain water elementalist. "Ouch!"

"What's wrong? Something bit you?" Water probably knew the answer is yes, but asked nonetheless.

"Something just pricked me! What the hell? This is so annoying!" Zenitsu had blown off steam.

"Calm down, man. Here, let me take a look." Water asked for permission to inspect his hand.

"Well, go ahead." Zenitsu swerved his head and shouted some unnecessary words out from his mouth.

'That was totally uncalled for.' Water sweat dropped before going back to look at his hand. At first glance, it was only a bite from a spider. Nothing serious if it's just a small bite.

However, he can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen to Zenitsu, and the spider bite is related to it. He worried that the bite might be poisonous and must get something to treat it with. Unfortunately, Water couldn't come up any methods on how to deal with poison. He doesn't have any remedies he can use to treat it nor have any activated charcoal, not that he has those anyways in case of emergencies.

"How is it?" Zenitsu asked impatiently.

"I don't wanna alarm you, Zenitsu." Water looked at him straight in the eye. "This bite doesn't look good, and it may be poisonous."

"You're kidding me?! Am I gonna die!? TELL ME! AM I GONNA DIE?!"

Covering his ears, Water exclaimed. "I never said it's gonna kill you instantly!"

"Grr!" Zenitsu grits his teeth like a madman. "You know what?! This is seriously annoying the hell out of me! I just want to find them and be done with this! This sucks!"

'Tell me why I'm stuck with this guy...' Water facepalmed, absolutely done with his antics for one night.

"Where did they go?" Zenitsu stopped as two pathways appeared. "Which way?"

"I don't know. Don't ask me." Water asked nonchalantly.

"And it stinks around here, too! Stinks! I think I'm gonna cry!"

Water sighed. "Can we just go to any direction?"

His hearing senses were out of the picture at the moment. They were either too far away for him to pick up any sort of sound or have gone quiet for him to get any sound out of it.

'So much for that, I suppose.'

White spiders crawled around their feet, making Zenitsu creeped out with their presence.

"And this sound of spiders rustling around is so creepy! I'm sure these spiders are doing their best to survive, too, but still!" Zenitsu backed away from the creeping spiders.

"What are you talking? They're just spiders. I'm sure they're harmless." Water replied sarcastically.

"Harmless?! One of them bit my hand! Don't you say they're harmless 'cause they're clearly not! Do you understand?!"

Water rolled his eyes.

"Okay man. Calm down already and let's get going."

Zenitsu nodded then he heard a sound crawling behind them, giving him goosebumps that ascended his body.

"DAMMIT! SHUT UP! JUST STAY STILL!" In his frustration, Zenitsu angrily shot his index finger at the thing he heard behind them. It was the same human-headed spider that was following them.

'What the hell is that?!' Water gave a sudden jerk upon witnessing a creepy version of a spider.

"IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!?" Zenitsu exclaimed before he dragged Water and run off into the woods with Water in tow.