|21| A Forged Bond

The moon's light proudly shone downwards the forest that housed the spider demons. Demon Slayers were brutally massacred from their own hands and their teammates' hands. 

Giyu Tomioka stood still with some dead Demon Slayers in the area while the only ones who were saved were still audibly alive. 

"Were you acquainted with any of them?" Shinobu asked. "There's only a few here that survived miraculously."

Giyu ignored her question and continued to look at the few dead bodies.

"We were advised that several rookie Mizunoto had joined the battle, but they might be dead now, don't you think?"

"Let's go" Giyu said in a dull tone, completely debunking what she said.

Soon, the two Hashiras took off in a sprint in search for the Mizunotos they seek to provide support. Giyu, in his head, had a feeling that whoever the Mizunotos are were the ones responsible for saving few skins this night, and they might not be dead to what Shinobu claimed them to be.

"Isn't the Moon lovely?"

Shinobu asked to her partner. It wasn't a question, to be exact. In fact, there was a hidden message behind it that indicated Shinobu's feelings towards the Water Hashira.

Giyu didn't answer her. He kept running while thinking about the mission's priorities first.

"Since we've been given this joint mission, let's try to get along." Shinobu said, hoping to be on more friendlier terms with him.

"I'm only here to slay some demons." Giyu said, not even slightly interested to what she said.

"How callous of you!" Shinobu secretly remarked him even if she had to put on a smile to compensate for it.

"All right, then, let's split up here. I shall proceed from the west." Shinobu suggested.

"Agreed." Giyu accepted it. Within matter of seconds, Shinobu instantly vanished with incredible speed, leaving the Water Hashira to run off alone in the depths of the forest.

'It feels really cold from the west. Kocho must've felt it too. Just what was that?' Giyu felt a disturbance from the west and thought about it. He entrusted it to Shinobu to whatever it may be from there. After all, she's an Insect Hashira.

<><><><><>

Returning to where Tanjiro and the elemental duo are fighting the huge brute, they had unleashed their strong attacks towards the Father Spider Demon with every ounce of their strength they can put in. However, it's not remotely enough to cut, pierce, or even sever at least any of his limbs.

"It's no good! The blade won't go through!" Tanjiro exclaimed, even with their combined forces.

The Father Spider Demon goes for another hard jab directly to Tanjiro's face. Yet, he had forgotten about Earth and Fire for a moment that he had let his guard down to focus only on Tanjiro. Fire joined with Inosuke to bring down their blades onto the raging arm the demon is going to attack Tanjiro while Earth added in his own mixed with his Earth Breathing.

"So hard!" Inosuke fought and struggled to cut off the arm. Fire scuffled, doing the same.

The Father Spider Demon easily repelled their attacks despite them outnumbering the demon. He sent the four flying in different areas and landed smoothly.

"I can't slash him even if I use an attack! What should I do? What should I do?" Tanjiro frowned and narrowed his eyes towards the big brute.

"Eiko wasn't kidding! Even at his base form, he's still a force to be beckon!" Fire remembered her words about the demon they're currently facing. 'I don't wanna imagine the other form she mentioned. If that happens, then we're basically gonna have a rough time with this demon!'