|18| Letting Someone Else Go First

"Did you find the demon?" Earth asked while fending himself against the deceased Slayer's sword.

"Yeah! That way!" Inosuke directs his sword and points it to his left. "I'm picking up a powerful vibe from over there!"

"Great job man!" Fire fist pumped the air.

"Way to go, Inosuke!" Tanjiro praised, making Inosuke appreciating it with cottons floating on his head again. He almost had his head slashed due to him distracted and jumped away.

"We gotta take care of these guys or we'll never get anywhere!" Inosuke said while they're surrounded by all of the controlled Slayers.

"Damn, isn't there... isn't there any way at all?" Tanjiro grits his teeth and frowned.

Meanwhile, Zenitsu is heaving loads of air entering in his lungs after he sprinted from the entrance of the mountain to who-knows-where. His face strained from the fatigue he clearly gotten from all the running.

"Ne... Ne... Nezu... Ne... Whe... Whe... Wh-Whe... Whe... Where are you?" Zenitsu said with continuous pauses and while catching his own breath.

Water seemed to have lost sight of Zenitsu. Face shifting from worried to annoyed real quick, he released a sigh.

"Great. I lost him." Water said in a tired tone. "He could be around here somewhere. Good thing this part of the forest isn't dense, so I should be able to hear him shouting at any point now."

Back to Tanjiro's group, they were faced with a life and death situation.

"Dammit!" Inosuke jumps back. "What a pain in the ass! I'm just gonna demolish them all at once!

"You can't do that! Back off!" Tanjiro didn't agreed with him with the whole killing is the only option plan. "There has to be a way! So, let's try not to hurt these-"

One slayer tried to surprise attack Tanjiro, however, Murata intercepted and blocked the strike for him.

"Murata!" Earth saw.

"Leave these guys to me and go on ahead!" Murata holds off the attacker's blade and adviced them to move.

"What kind of talk is that, Mr. Pissed-My-Pants?!" Inosuke insulted Murata.

"I NEVER PISSED MY PANTS, YOU STUPID BOAR!" Murata blew a fuse and Inosuke reacted angrily. "I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, SO YOU CAN JUST SHUT UP!"

"Murata, watch out!" Fire got just in time to block another attack aimed at Murata's side.

"Thanks! I wasn't at my guard for a moment there!" Murata thanked him then proceeded to lock blades with another slayer attempting to slash any of them.

"I know that wasn't my finest moment back there, but I'm a Demon Slayer, too! I'll find a way to hold them off! Now I know I just need to slash the threads, and that these guys can only make the most elementary movements! I'll watch out for the spiders, too! There has to be people under even more control closer to the demon! So you all go on!"

"Understood! We appreciate this!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Murata, you can't take them all on your own! Let's team up, you and me!" Fire took a stance at the slayers. "I know you said you know what you're doing, but look how many of them there are. They clearly have the number advantage and they could easily overwhelm you if you're not careful. I'll watch your back and you watch mine."

Murata considered his reason then complied with it immediately. "All right! Thanks!"

"Right! I trust you'll know what to do, you two! Let's go Tanjiro, Inosuke!" Earth takes the lead then ran to the direction where Inosuke found the demon. Tanjiro just grabbed Inosuke by his whole body, much to his chagrin.