Things Can't Be Undone

°•°+~+~+~+~+°•°

20 years ago..

"Mom, I made a paper crane!", I ran down the stairs and showed what I just made to my mom. She gave me a warm smile praised me while patting my head.

Suddenly a guy came to my mom and said something which I didn't quite understand, but from their facial expressions, I can guess that it was pretty serious. My mom's smile turned into a smile with quite a bit of sadness in it with her hand still patting my head gently

"Ha Eun.. Will you do what mom tells you to?"

I nodded without knowing anything, but I believed whatever my mom asked me to do was for my own good. She pulled me into her embrace and I can feel something dropped lightly onto my head, the tears of my mom.

My mom slowly released me from her embrace and looked at me. "Can you go somewhere for me? For us?". From the way she spoke, I could tell it took a lot of courage for her to say it.

"Is it far?", I asked.

She nodded slowly with tears slowly dripping down her face.

"Will I not see my friends anymore?"

She looked at me and slowly held me back in her arms.

____________________________

"Ha Eun! Don't run too fast!", Prince JB ran after me who was slowly leaving him behind. "You can't catch me! Ahah--" I slipped on the wet ground and fell.

"See, I told you not to run". Prince JB helped me with my deep wound. He held my wound and said a magic chant to heal my wound.

I didn't know why, but I suddenly felt sad and tears just fell down my cheeks. I remembered about what my mom asked me to do and how I might not meet Prince JB anymore.

"W-what's wrong?", Prince JB said after seeing me crying. I told him about what my mom said and what might happen to us. He then held me tight as I calm down little by little, "I'll find you, I'll find you if you ever go somewhere".

The palace door opened and a maid came out, "Princess, it's time for your dinner". I wiped my tears and gave my one last smile to Prince JB. I waved at him and went back into the palace.

Little did I know that it was really the very last smile I'll ever give him.

_________________________

That night..

I was scribbling on my paper with crayons when my mom suddenly knocked and came into the room. "It's time. Follow me"

My mom put her index finger on her lips, signaling me to stay silence. She then held my hand and quietly bring me out of the room. My mom and I sneaked out from the palace quietly with no one noticing but a few guards who followed and protect us.

We went through a forest and ended up in an underground passage in the middle of the woods. There was a lady and some people who were expecting us. The lady walked to me and grabbed my wrist, trying to separate me from my mom. But my mom held me tight, "please don't harm her".

The lady pulled me, making me separate from my mom. "You may go now", the lady said to her.

"At least let me see her go", my mom said with her voice all shaky, trying to held back her tears.

The lady then said a long chant in front of a big mirror. The mirror swirled and became weird, and it was no longer solid. She looked at me with her cold gaze, "get in".

I was confused, get in where? The mirror? How about my mom? Am I really going away?

I turned my head and saw my mom almost broke into tears and she was mouthing, "I'm sorry"

Seeing my mom cried made me feel heartbroken and broke into tears. The lady pushed me slowly towards the mirror as I went slowly step by step towards it.

______________________

Thanks for reading this chapter♥️ don't forget to VOTE if you guys like it🙂