ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘɪᴀɴᴏs (𝟹/𝟻)

Yoongi sighed as he laid his head back, looking up at the white-ass ceiling. Right now, he was sitting at the piano in the music room. He would do this everyday single day after school, unless he was told to come straight home. The music teacher didn't mind though. She was his older sister.

Lee Chaerin. She used to be a Min, but she married a Lee. So she was now a Lee.

That's how marriage works kids (not really though).

Yoongi was already tired, and done with his senior year. Mr. Kim, their Korean literature teacher, gave them homework. It was called, "Who are you?" The paper he gave the class had all the information you need to know to write the paper. The back side of the paper showed a rubric. He already got homework on the first day.

High school, am I right?

It was an assignment you had to do twice. Once in the beginning of the year, and a second time at the end.

Yoongi didn't want to think about the paper right now. Right now, he was in front of a piano. His passion. Zipping open his black backpack, he took out a folder. Pulling a music sheet out, a put it on the music rack.

And next, he pressed the first key. His fingers automatically moving on it's own due to memory. The sweet melody played, filling the silence in the music room. His mind, body, and soul relaxed as he played. Feeling a sense of euphoria.

He loved playing piano. It was his passion.

Music echoed in the dance room, while each dancer just did their own thing. Hoseok was in front of the mirror, feeling himself in the mirror while the other dancers were in their phones.

"Okay," Soonyoung clapped his hands together. He was the captain of the dance team. "Ready for practice?"

Hoseok shook his empty water bottle, "Let me just refill this first."

"Go ahead," he nodded understandably.

Hoseok walked into the hallways outside the dance room, heading straight to to the vending machine to buy a cold water. He would never use the water fountain at the school. That shit was nasty.

He slipped a three dollar bill into the vending machine, his change coming back. A groan left his lips when the water got stuck. He stepped back a bit before kicking the vending machine, the water falling down and dropping out of the slot.

"There we go," he smiled. It soon faltered when her heard something.

A sweet melody, he looked around. His eyes turning to the direction it was coming from: the music room. His feet automatically moved towards the sound. Like he was drawn to it. Enchanted by it.

The person playing the music was like the Pied Piper, except it was a piano instead of a flute. And this won't lead to anything bad happening to Hoseok, at least he hopes.

Hoseok peeked through the opened door, his eyes landing on a familiar fluffy haired male, playing the piano with such grace. It was the shy kid from earlier. The one who said he likes to play piano.

He was damn good at it.

Hoseok stood there at the doorway, listening to Yoongi play.

"Can I help you with something?" A sudden voice snapped Hoseok out of his daze.

"Uh-" Hoseok jerked back, seeing a black haired woman he's seen in the halls before. "No- I- I was just-"

"He's a very skilled pianist," she smiled, looking at the boy fondly.

"Yeah, he is," Hoseok whispered.

"So Yoongi's playing captured your ears, huh?"

"I guess so," Hoseok scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm Mrs. Lee," she held her hand out for Hoseok to shake it, "Formerly Mrs. Min."

"Congratulations," Hoseok congratulated her marriage.

She chuckled. "Thank you."

"Oh!" Hoseok suddenly remembered. "I have to get back to practice!"

"Well good luck," she chuckled at Hoseok's silliness.

"Thank you!"

When Hoseok left, Chaerin entered the room. She sat next to Yoongi, who continued to play. He then stopped, letting out a sigh.

"I feel like something missing," he shook his head in disappointment.

"Well no need to beat yourself up about it," she rubbed his back comfortably. "You're music is beautiful. It attracts people."

"Yeah. Right," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"I mean it," she said. "You've got skill. And it'd be a shame if it goes to waste."

"You know what's a shame?" Yoongi asked. "It's a shame that this 'skilled pianist' has stage fright. I wouldn't be the same up there."

"Well, everyone's got something they need to improve on," his sister shrugged. "So? How was your first day?"

"Same as always."

"Nothing happened?"

"Nope," Yoongi deadpans, "It's like a copy and paste of last year."

"Gee, okay. So it was pretty uneventful, huh?"

Yoongi only shrugged. "Well little bro," Chaerin began, "I think this year will be different from the rest."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow at her, "And what makes you say that?"

She shrugged, "I've just got this feeling."

"A feeling?" Yoongi gave her a look, "Really? That's your evidence to back up your ridiculous statement?"

"I don't know," Chaerin thought about the guy she met in the hallways.

She knew who he was.

Jung Hoseok, the school's sunshine. He was an amazing dancer, and he was in the school's dance team. She took quite an interest in him when she found him staring at Yoongi with heart eyes. Yeah, he also admired Yoongi's playing. Which she respects a whole lot. But best of all, he was the opposite of Yoongi. Like the sun and moon.

He was the sun, Yoongi was the moon.

Hoseok was a social butterfly, he was known and loved by many, and he also has fierce side. He barks, and he's also not afraid to bite. Yoongi on the other hand was timid, a loner, self-conscious. He was also quite fearful. Hesitant in making decisions, and preferred being a follower rather than a leader.

Chaerin thought they would be an amazing duo. She thought that Hoseok could maybe help Yoongi grow out of the shell he's locked himself in for so many years, and also get rid of the horrible stage fright he has.