ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ (𝟷/𝟼)

4 years ago, in 8th grade.

Yoongi was helping Hoseok carry the boxes out of his room. Two days ago, he learned that Hoseok was moving away. It was during lunch. They were eating and chatting like everyday, until Hoseok told them the bad news.

"I'm moving away," he said.

"W-what?" Everyone looked at him with wide eyes. "Where are you moving? Nearby?"

"No," he shook his head. "I'm moving to America."

"Why?" asked Namjoon. "Do you have to go?"

Hoseok nodded, looking down at the table with the saddest frown on display. "It's either I move to America, or back to Gwangju. My mom in Gwangju can't even take care of me, so I don't really have a choice."

Yoongi stayed silent. There was so many things he wanted to say, but he couldn't. He felt that if he spoke one word, he'd break down crying. He had so many questions. Why do you have to go? Why can't you stay? Will we still stay in contact?

Jimin was the first to initiate the group hug. He hugged Hoseok as tightly as he could. The other boys followed after him. And Yoongi was last.

Was he gonna go before I can confess my feelings?

Thump!

Yoongi placed the heavy box labeled 'FRAGILE' in the truck. He turned to Hoseok, giving him a small smile. Hoseok returned it, placing down another heavy box.

Yoongi sighed out loud, "We'll still stay in contact right?"

"Of course," Hoseok said. "You guys were the only real family I had."

"You were my family too," Yoongi's eyes watered, making Hoseok cup his cheeks.

"I'm sorry I have to leave," he whispered, wiping Yoongi's tears away.

"I'm sorry for not being a better friend," Yoongi apologized.

"You were the best friend I've ever had!" Hoseok shook his head at Yoongi's words.

"But I wasn't a good friend," he admitted. "When you talked about your problems with me, I would listen. But I wouldn't know what to say. I've never met someone with such a damaged family life like you, so I didn't know what to say when you'd complain."

"I just wanted you to listen, and comfort me," Hoseok confessed. "That's why I came to you. Not Namjoon. Not Jimin. Not Jin. You."

"You were the only person I can talk to about my problems," Yoongi said. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'll always have me," Hoseok pointed at Yoongi's heart. "Right here. And I'll never leave this place."

He took Yoongi's hand, and placed it over his heart, "And you'll always be right here."

Yoongi smiled, "Always."

Present

"Yoongi!" he turned around, seeing Taehyung run up to him.

The 6 boys were now in their senior year of high school. After Hoseok left, they've felt a giant, empty hole in their hearts. But over time, they've gotten used to their friends absence. Especially because ever since he left, they've stopped talking.

They even unfollowed each other on social media. That's how you know, their friendship ended.

"It's finally our last year of high school!" he cheered. "Aren't you excited?"