sʜɪɴɪɴɢ (ᴋ)ɴɪɢʜᴛ (𝟼/𝟽)

Yoongi stood in awe as he watched the people on the things called floats wave at the crowd, dancing, and doing tricks. He had only seen it on the tv, but up close. It was different.

He even made eye contact with one of them, they smiled and waved at Yoongi. He returned the smile and waved. It was at that moment, watching the parade, he felt like a kid once again. Living the life he could of had as a kid if he weren't the prince.

It was sad, being locked in the castle he lost the childhood any other kid would have. No friends to play with, no school, no fun activities outside the castle.

Hoseok turned to the prince, checking to see if he was enjoying himself. When he did, he felt his heart melt. The smile on his face that showed his gums. He just got diabetes from that sugary, sweet smile.

A smile he knew he wanted to protect forever.

After the parade, they set out fireworks. Yoongi had never seen them up close before, and when he felt like he was swept off his feet from the amazing show. He watched as they shattered into thousands of sparks, exploding in the air.

They made loud noises, but he wasn't afraid. Their beauty made up for it.

Scratch that, he flinched when a very loud firework set off. His body tensed, but it soon relaxed when he felt an arm wrap around his shoulder.

"You okay?" asked Hoseok.

"It's a little loud," Yoongi shrugged. His eyes widen when he felt Hoseok's hands cup his ears.

He felt his hear start beating uncontrollably. It came out of nowhere, and it was scaring the hell out of him.

What's happening to me?

The last few fireworks shot in the air. All together they looked like a bunch of shooting stars. Beautiful.

Once Hoseok knew it was over and everyone started clapping, he let go of Yoongi's ears, clapping as well.

"It's getting late now," Jin said. "We should get going."

Yoongi pouted a bit. He wanted to stay longer, but looking around he saw food stands, games, and rides closing for the night. He sighed, and nodded.

"One day we'll come back," Hoseok put a hand on his shoulder, leading him to his car.

After they bid goodbye with their friends, Hoseok started up the car. He turned to Yoongi, seeing the male was looking out the window, watching the trees pass by like a moving film strip. He didn't feel sleepy. Not at all. He's always up at this time. He was just reflecting on the day.

"You know," Hoseok began. "You haven't smiled at all since that night."

Yoongi shrugged. "I guess I had fun."

"That's good," Hoseok said. "It's good to go out and have some fun once in a while. Especially for someone in your place, you deserve it."

And Yoongi felt it once again. The beating heart. The heated up face. That weird feeling in his stomach that he didn't know if he loved of hated. the feeling was addicting, like a drug.

"How can you be so nice to me?" Yoongi asked. "Is it because I'm a prince?"

Hoseok glanced at him, but tried to keep his eyes on the road.

"Why wouldn't I be nice to you?"

"I was mean to you," Yoongi muttered, keeping his eyes glued to his lap. "I don't deserve this kindness."

Having heard enough of Yoongi, Hoseok pulled over the car. Yoongi finally looked at him to see why he stopped.

"Listen to me," Hoseok leaned over to hold his chin gently. "You may not think it, but you do deserve kindness. You deserve everything. I may not be able to give you the whole world, but I'd give you everything I can."

The way Hoseok touched his chin. It sent shivers down his spine.

"E-everything you can?" Yoongi repeated.

"Yeah-"

"Like love?"

"Huh?" Hoseok gawked at him, immediately letting go of Yoongi's chin. "I mean-"

"The way you just held my chin," Yoongi said. "You do that to people you love."

"Well, yeah but-"

"My mother does it to me all the time," Yoongi turned straight ahead.

Hoseok's heart calmed down, smiling at Yoongi's innocence. He really did wanna protect that man forever. There were so many things he wanted to do at this moment, but he suppressed the urges and continued driving.

"I can finally see my mother again?" Yoongi asked.

Hoseok smiled fondly at Yoongi. "Yeah. The Commander called us knights back to headquarters where your mother is."

Yoongi jumped up from his seat on Hoseok's bed excitedly. He tugged on Hoseok's arm with urgency. "Come on! Let's hurry!"

Hoseok cooed at Yoongi's behavior that reminded him of a happy little puppy. So small and adorable. After the festival, Yoongi had grown more comfortable with him. The two got closer to the point where they slept in the same bed.

Now that was a night.

Not because they did anything, but Hoseok's heart was seriously spazzing in his chest. It got worse when Yoongi reached for him in his sleep. His mind set off sirens in a gay panic, but he somehow survived that.

Hoseok grabbed his sword, bag, phone, and keys. He got into the car, Yoongi sitting in the passenger seat next to him. Hoseok started the car, and they went on their way to HQ.

"I wanna learn to drive," Yoongi said, watching Hoseok drive his car.

"Maybe someday I can teach you," Hoseok said. "If I get permission to."

"I don't think my father would care."

"What about your mother."

Yoongi shrugged. "She's always telling me to learn new things."

"Well then that's a promise," Hoseok stopped the car at a red light. He held out his pinky for Yoongi to take.

Yoongi smiled a bit, red tinted on his cheeks as he wrapped his pinky around Hoseok's. The two sealing that promise with the touch of their thumbs.

Author note:
Namjoon with me.

Author note:Namjoon with me