sʜɪɴɪɴɢ (ᴋ)ɴɪɢʜᴛ (𝟸/𝟽)

Classical music echoed in the ball room as the royal family watched everyone dance. The king and queen soon went to talk to the visitors from the neighboring kingdom, Geumjae left to dance with some girl. And Yoongi was left there with Hoseok.

He already hated every second of the party. The fact that he had got into an unresolved argument with his knight didn't make it any better. Since he'd be by his side for the whole rest of the party, as for future parties as well. Since Hoseok was assigned to Yoongi as his guarding warrior.

His father and him had already talked about staying in his line of sight. So, being the good boy he was, stood next to the fancy throne.

He glanced back to Geumjae, seeing that he was now being interviewed by the press. Yoongi didn't mind, he loved the attention that he wasn't getting.

"You're gonna be standing here all night?" Hoseok asked carefully. Things had been awkward since earlier.

"Yes," Yoongi deadpanned, not even sparing a glance.

"Are you still mad about earlier?"

"No," he answered. His gaze still straight ahead, not even looking at everyone or anything. His eyes seemed out of focus.

"Honest?"

"I don't care about what you say," Yoongi finally turned to him. "Cause your words don't affect me."

"Well then," Hoseok nodded. "Shall I get you a drink?"

Yoongi hummed, "water."

"Yes, sir," he saluted to Yoongi dramatically before leaving.

"Yoongi," Geumjae's voice called, making Yoongi turn to him. "I'm surprised you're at this party. You don't want anything to do with the royal family."

"I-" Yoongi sighed. "I changed my mind about everything."

"I see," he nodded.

Hoseok soon came back, handing Yoongi a cup of cold water with both his hands. He bowed dramatically making Yoongi stomp on his feet.

"Ow!" he winced at Yoongi's strength.

"Thanks," Yoongi smirked, before drinking down all the water in the cup.

"Jung Hoseok," Geumjae's guardian knight spoke. He was a big, bulky man. Basically the hulk compared to Hoseok. "Take your job seriously, you left your royal unattended."

"He was in my line of sight," Hoseok defended himself.

"Nothing bad happened to Yoongi," Geumjae said. "No need to be so uptight, we're at a party."

"There are people who want your heads on a silver platter."

"Delicious," Hoseok mumbled, causing a him of a smile to form on Yoongi's lips.

When Geumjae and his guard left, Hoseok leaned towards Yoongi's ear, "Now I think I understand what you mean by decent."

The party continued. People danced, they sang, they drank, they stuffed their faces with the delicious food served from only the best. The awkward tension around Hoseok and Yoongi seemed to break a bit. So he took this chance to initiate a conversation.

But that was only before he heard blood curdling screams in the crowd.

Followed by even more screams.

Hoseok immediately grabbed Yoongi's wrist, dragging him away from the danger in the crowd.

"What about my mother?" Yoongi yelled.

"I was assigned to protect you," Hoseok said, running with no stop. "Not any other royal."

The answer seemed cold, but it was the truth. Hoseok sword to protect Yoongi, so that was what he must do. Even if it meant risking his own life. Yoongi was important. He was a royal. He was far more greater than Hoseok.

Yoongi, being the stubborn bitch he was yanked back his wrist. Hoseok turned back to him with an angry expression. He was taking no shit.

"Dude," he tried to grab Yoongi's hand, only for Yoongi to pull away. He was losing his patience. "You're making this extremely difficult. You know that?"

"I am not leaving without- Behind you!"

Hoseok turned around, only to get punched square in the face. Yoongi looked at the man. He was a knight from the neighboring kingdom. This confused Yoongi, since they never had conflict in the past. In fact, they were planning on becoming allies.

Hoseok dropped his sword on the ground as he fell to the ground. The man above him unsheathed his own sword, getting ready to stab Hoseok before Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's sword. He dashed forward, aiming at the warriors heart before stabbing through it with one move.

Hoseok could tell by Yoongi's form that he had been training, like professional training. Those were some mad skills.

Yoongi helped a Hoseok up. "Damn," Hoseok breathed out. "Where'd you learn that?"

"19 years in a kingdom with nothing to do," Yoongi answered. "I learned new things to entertain myself."

The two went to the underground tunnel which was made as an escape route in case of emergencies. This being an emergency, the tunnel was put to good use.

They reached the end of a tunnel, finding themselves out in the woods. Their breathing was unsteady as they have been running with no stop. Hoseok had already contacted the higher ups that he and Yoongi had successfully escaped and survived, but he didn't know about the others. For now, he was told to take Yoongi home.

He looked over to Yoongi, who seemed to be in his own world admiring the nature around them. For Yoongi, this was his first time outside of the kingdom. Everything already felt different, and he felt free. He took a deep breath of the fresh air, and basked in the feeling that he hoped would never end.

Hoseok nudged Yoongi's shoulder, "C'mon. I'm taking you home."

"Home?"

Author note:
Yes, Yoongi is 19 in this ff. Hoseok is 21