23

Monday January 27th. Switzerland.

Seb's alarm woke them both up and the darkness of their room told Chloe that it was ridiculously early. She felt the bed move as he reached across to grab his phone and silence his alarm before turning the bedside lamp on, lighting the room up with a soft glow. He sighed as he moved to on his side and she felt his arm drape over her waist, his hand coming to a rest on her stomach like it always did every morning as he shuffled closer to bring her back snuggly against his chest. Moments like these she treasured, just the two of them curled up in bed, cocooned away from the outside world; his hold making her feel protected and loved, like she was his entire universe and nothing and no one else existed. Sebastian Vettel - the lover, the husband, the father, the man that no one else got to see. His lips started to feather little kisses on to her shoulder and neck and she heard him sigh again. She knew he was thinking about how he was going to have to leave her soon for his overnight trip to London.
"I can still come with you." She said quietly, sure that Britta would be able to get her on their flight to Heathrow.

"Please don't, you know my feelings on that." He replied, keeping his lips against her skin.

"I was perfectly safe in Austria, nothing happened and nothing will happen in London either."

"The answers still no." He drew his legs up, spooning himself against her even more. While part of him was longing for her to come with him, a bigger part was overwhelmed with the need to protect her at all costs and he hated it. He hated the fear that constantly ate away at him and he hated that he was going back on his promise to her that she would go everywhere with him before the new season had even started.

"I know I said that I'd stay here but....."

"Just drop it Chloe, you're staying here." He muttered firmly wishing that she'd properly understand and just do this one thing for him.

"You can't wrap me in cotton wool and keep me here forever, I won't do it." She huffed as she went to move away from him, grabbing his wrist and moving his arm from her body at the same time.

"Have I said you've got to stay home forever?" He let her move but then took a firm hold of her shoulder to make her lay on her back.

"No but....."

"I don't want to leave this morning with us having had an argument." He cut her off and moved to lower himself lightly on top of her.

"We're not arguing, we're just discussing your over protectiveness." She pointed out.

"My over protectiveness?" He arched a brow at her. "Is it a crime to want to keep my wife and unborn child safe?"

"Just promise me that isn't the start of me having to stay home all the time." She ran a hand slowly up and down his back, one of her favourite parts of his fit body.

"I've already promised you."

"Then do it again." She pouted. He fell quiet; instead of looking into her eyes like he usually did, he looked everywhere but and he sighed again. "Seb?" She took hold of his chin to make him look at her. "Promise me."

He wanted to tell her what she wanted to hear, not just to placate her but because it was what he wanted too but he couldn't do it. Right now he didn't know how he'd feel from one day to the next. While he was comfortable taking her to Italy because she could either stay at their home there or stay with Britta, he was already in two minds as whether she should come to Barcelona with him or even to Australia next month. He gave her a small shake of his head. "I don't think I can."

She couldn't stop herself from sighing heavily, the thought of him being away from her so often was painful and depressing. Seb could see the sadness in her eyes straight away and lowered his head to kiss her in an attempt to console her. "I can't stay home like your ex did, please don't make me." She put a finger to his lips, stopping him from kissing her. "I know you're scared that something will happen to me, I get that, I really do but you can't keep me locked up. Norway will never happen again....."