106

Christmas Eve. Hemsbach, Germany.

With a contented sigh, Chloe looked down at the small, perfectly wrapped gift that sat on the bed - her gift to Seb. Her insides fluttered with excitement as she thought about how he'd probably react when he opened it. It wasn't an expensive gift but then Seb wasn't a materialistic guy, he didn't need expensive things in his life, he found joy in the small things, the small details that many people would overlook. Sure, he loved his cars and motorbikes and had a fleet of luxury and classic vehicles in his garages back at their home in Switzerland but he was equally as happy taking a hike in the hills or doing something as mundane as mowing the back lawn. For all the (unwanted) fame, attention and adulation his career gave him, Seb still remained the most down to earth Formula One driver she'd ever known and she felt truly blessed to be able to call him her husband and the father of her five month old son.

Standing up, she looked around the bedroom, wondering where to conceal her gift until it was the right time to give it to him. This year she was again going with his family's tradition of exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve although she'd also saved one for him for tomorrow too. Deciding to hide the small gift in her underwear draw, she went over to it and pulled it open. As this was a second home for them she didn't have an awful lot of underwear here and so the draw was only half full. Still, she did a good job of hiding it amongst the multicoloured bras and knickers. Hopefully he wouldn't have any reason to look in this draw for the rest of the day. As she closed the draw she kept her hand on the handle, suddenly she was really tempted to call him up here and make him open his present right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There you are." Chrissie exclaimed as Chloe got back downstairs.

"I've been upstairs wrapping a last minute gift, where did you think I'd been?!" She chuckled at the sight before her; her parents along with Seb's had already been at the mulled wine that Chrissie had bought with her from the UK and along with her brother, they were all looking a bit merry and it wasn't even eleven AM yet. Luis was being thoroughly spoilt and lavished with attention by Rich's wife, Michelle, who hadn't met Luis until they'd arrived a couple of days ago.

"You're alright, aren't you?" Chrissie asked suddenly. "Only you look a bit pale."

Chloe felt everyone starting to look at her and she flushed with embarrassment. Luckily Seb was in the kitchen with Mia and Leonie and the two girl's loud laughter stopped him from overhearing. "Pale?" She frowned before glancing towards the Christmas tree. "Nah, I'm fine. I have got a slightly different type of makeup on, maybe I chose the wrong shade. It's that or it's those white tree lights that make me look pale."

"Mmm, ok." Chrissie smiled and then got distracted by Norbert who was refilling her glass. "Have a glass of mulled wine." She suggested, pointing to an empty glass. "You, Michelle and Seb are the only ones not drinking."

"We've got four kids between us to look after, that's why." Chloe pointed out, just as cloud of white erupted in the kitchen area followed by Seb laughing hysterically. "Actually make that five kids to look after between me and Michelle."

"Here, just have one." Chrissie insisted as Norbert poured the dark burgundy liquid into the spare glass. "It's not that strong."

"Says you with your glassy eyes and wine glow well before lunch time." She shot back with a giggle. "Fine, I'll have a glass if it'll make you happy."

"That's my girl!" Chrissie enthused.

Accepting the glass that Norbert was now holding out to her, there was another cloud of white followed by more laughter in the kitchen and Chloe knew that she was going to have to go over and see what her husband had got his kids doing. She bent to place a kiss on Norbert's head, making him smile as she murmured, "Cheers papa."