50

Seb had ended up driving for far longer than he'd originally intended, even having to stop for petrol to refill the thirsty Ferrari's tank. Thankfully during that 'pit stop' Chloe had been asleep, something that he was glad of because it meant she couldn't fret over him possibly getting too near to anyone (he didn't as he paid at the pump) or using the fuel pump that countless people had used before him (he'd made sure to use the disposable gloves provided and used hand sanitizer before getting back in to the car). He hadn't used the car's built in sat-nav and had found this place purely by chance but he knew he'd sure as hell have to use it to get them back home again. He just hoped that Chloe wouldn't freak out when she woke up to find they'd travelled for a total of over two and a half hours and a distance of just over two hundred kilometres. The spectacular view however, made the unexpectedly long trip more than worth it and he slowed the car down to navigate the fairly narrow, winding road and drink in the scenery. Next to him, he heard Chloe groan and mumble something as she woke up and stretched in her seat. This was followed by her gasping loudly as she suddenly took in the view around them.
"Welcome to Lauterbrunnen." He announced, smiling already at her reaction.

"Welcome to where?" She kept looking around until she noticed the time on the centre console's display.

"I hope you're not taking the piss out of my accent again." He remarked in a jokey fashion, thinking back to last year's Christkindlimarkt.

"Holy crap! We've been out for nearly three hours!" She exclaimed, completely ignoring his accent when pronouncing the name of the village they'd arrived at.

"I know." He started to look for somewhere to park the car. There looked to be barely a soul around, so finding a spot to park wouldn't be that hard, would it? "And we're in Lauterbrunnen."

"How far have we driven?" She asked anxiously, not really sure if she wanted to know. Surely it was against some kind of law to travel too far at the moment, wasn't it?

"In total we've done a little over two hundred kilometres." He answered as he turned the car in to a gravel car park for a tourist information centre and cafe that was currently closed.

"What's that in miles?"

"No idea but don't worry, the sat-nav will get us home." He spun the car round so that he could park up facing a few of the village's quaint properties, beyond them was a dramatic backdrop of a sheer rock face and a single, beautiful waterfall was cascading down from the very top.

"Wow." Chloe breathed as she undid her seatbelt and looked around them. The village looked tiny, flanked either side by magnificent steep rock faces and mountains that went on as far as she could see.

"I know." Seb switched the engine off and looked at his wife as he removed his seatbelt. Her eyes were flitting from one place to the next and her mouth hung open in amazement. "Want to get out and take a walk around?" It seemed a shame to him to come all this way and not get out of the car. He noticed her expression change, she looked apprehensive. "There's hardly anyone around, the place seems pretty much deserted, even the tourist information office is shut." He added to encourage her.

"Ok." She looked at him, if he seemed confident enough to go and walk around this place, then she should be too. She opened the car door and got out, as she closed it she instantly she noticed how the air seemed cooler here than it had back home and she instinctively rubbed the tops of her arms to try and keep warm.

"Urgh! Cold!"

She heard him moan as soon as he got out of the car and rolled her eyes. How could he live in a country like this that thrived on winter activities that he loved doing himself yet not like being cold? Turning around on the spot, she took a deep breath, inhaling the clean, crisp air and marvelling at the awe inspiring scenery. The small village was perfectly framed by the dramatic mountains that surrounded it, making it look as though it was carved into a deep valley. Virtually every home was topped with the same colour red roof and an elegant, romantic looking white church stood at it's heart. In a way the church reminded her of where she'd married Seb while the scenery reminded her of Norway.